Introduction: Arduino Uno + ESP8266 ESP-01 Switch on a Lamp Over the Internet (Not LAN WIFI)
Switch on a lamp through website on any device using web browser in that device even you are far away from the lamp. You can access the website through your laptop, smartphone or something else with web browser which installed on that device.
Step 1: Circuit Diagram
- Don't connect directly ESP8266 RX pin to Arduino Uno TX serial out. ESP8266 use 3.3V to operate. If you connect directly it will damage your ESP8266.
- To avoid ESP8266 from damage, you need to create voltage devider using 1kΩ and 2kΩ resistor.
Step 2: Arduino Sketch
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE YOU UPLOAD THIS SKETCH TO YOUR ARDUINO.
In this arduino sketch you need to change SSID name and password to your WIFI SSID name and password. ESP8266 will connect to your WIFI to retrieve data from your website. Make sure your WIFI can connect to the internet.
- TP-Link_F338 (change this to your WIFI SSID name).
- 20955250 (change this to your WIFI password).
You also need to change website URL to your website URL.
- switchonthelamp.atwebpages.com (change this to your website address).
Please remove connection at RX and TX on arduino board before you upload your sketch into your arduino. You will get an error if you don't do this.
Step 3: Create Website
Watch my video for more details about how to create website for this project to store status of the lamp (0 for OFF and 1 for ON). You can download all three .php (index.php,control.php and update.php) file for your website at the link below.