Introduction: Balance Bike
Disassemble my balance bike to win the seat and took photos at the same time for this statement.
So, we need a sheet 12 mm sanded plywood, a set of bolts and studs piece (you can rod) by 6 mm, slice fanerku 4-5mm seating foam of 50 mm and a piece of leather / fabric upholstery seat (I had a sofa fabric) , and of 12 "wheels from the children's bike, but it is better as any wheel from the carriage, because I turned balance bike 4 kg, and from 2.5 - wheel ... like from strollers, would weigh about 3 kg just ...
1. Cut plywood parts Balance bike.
First, it turns out that something like rough wooden socks and then this. (After skin, etc.)
The size of the longest piece (sides) - 600 mm. Other details of begovela - proportionally. At the bottom is a link to a photo in a higher resolution, if you wish, you can print, put the net and transfer the drawing on the plywood.
https://grabcad.com/library/balance-bike-4 (thanks to @rsablevicius)
2. Eat through the deepening of the steering wheel for about 1/3 of the studs.
3. Eat through the slot in the bottom of the pressure pad on the remaining 2/3 of the studs.
4. Making the wheel.
First he cut the wheel in the form of an arc. The inner radius, I took more than double the distance to the seat, as his hands are growing out of the spine, and of the arms that have a width of about 25 cm.
Then cut in the steering wheel 2 rectangular groove. Next, cut a wide pad with the letter "P", it cuts through the slot on the 2/3 pins and glue into the slots steering.
5. Cut the pin along the length of the groove on the steering fork, apply the pad, drill holes and fasten the bottom trim.
Attention! Do not forget to put the pin 2 large washers to reduce friction when you turn the steering wheel.
6. The same is repeated for the already glued steering.
7. Steering fork is almost ready.
8. Begin to collect the back.
First the depth of the grooves in the half pins, mounting the steering wheel. You can make a 1/3 of the way to not hang out later.
Then grind the outer corners so they do not interfere with the rotation of the steering wheel.They can be rounded, not cut like mine. Center of curvature should be steering rod, that is the groove where it would be.
9. If you're like I took from the children's bicycle wheel, it must remove the sprocket and brake lever. So too heavy piece of iron ...
10. Drill holes for the rear wheel and gently, by hand, fasten the nut. Immediately cut off the protruding part of the axis of the wheel and rounds out the cut file.
11. We put in the back of the assembled wheel, drill holes, and the contracted half bolts.
Attention! Pull is not very much, no need to strive to make of 12mm plywood arc rather you selling plywood for the bolts.
Just to forget that, on the heels should be 2 large washers to reduce friction. One above and one below.
The holes should be placed far enough away from the steering wheel, the bolts do not interfere with his turn! As can be seen with me, I made that first did not think ... Because two extra holes ..
12. Begin to mount the front wheel.
Overturn balance bike upside down and cut out the two slots on the plug to the wheel axle.
13. Scrollsaw 2 arcs of plywood to attach the front wheel. (Can be fixed, and the like iron things.
14. Puts a thin drill bit and drill a hole the length of the screw. Otherwise the arc burst into layers of plywood.
15. Screws fasten the arch to the steering fork. Strongly not addictive, because it can break the arc. No screwdriver is twisted, and pens!
16. Balance bike without seat ready!
17. Making the seat. I have it collected, sfotkat forgot, so I will explain in my fingers.
First, cut out the pin under the seat. necessary to ensure that the upper arc is strictly perpendicular to the plane of plywood, it will attach a platform for priests :) By the way, does not necessarily make the pin so long as I have, I just did the "room for growth." And that long, it looks like the device of a horse)))
Сиденье for balance bike
Then cut out the area for the priests of the 3-layer 4mm plywood. And it is necessary to first look at what direction it bends better!
The shape should be a campaign for an elongated egg. The narrow part - before.
On the axis of drill sites 2.3 holes countersunk screws. (According to reams under the cap)
Then apply, or rather pushes the pin pad to sit and outline the areas on the pin.
Drilling a thin drill holes for screws on the target point. They need to do in the middle of the thickness of the plywood and make holes along the layers of plywood. If you do not make the holes, then screwed plywood crack.
Spread the glue joint and fasten plywood platform to the terminal screws. I took the 2 screws of 3.5 mm.
18. Once fastened glued the foam.
First, stick it on the floor glue gun.
Then cut it along the contour area with reserves of 2 cm
Bend the edges and glue them as well to the bottom of the seat.
19. Next, skin-tight fabric.
Pin together and wrap one end of the first seats as before, then stretch the fabric along the seat and fastened the other end.
The edges are wrapped and stitched so that only more accurately))):
After this contract the side of the seat and fastened them together.
Drill a small hole 2 mm in diameter at the base of the seat and pulled them through the sides of fabric together.
After the holes added a drop of glue point to were transformed everything, if where the thread breaks.
The photo shows only six holes, in fact there are about 10, from the beginning to the end of the seat.
20. Fasten seat to Balance bike.
Of course it is necessary to measure the child.
The seat should be raised at the front and the back, so it does not slid forward when pushing off the ground underfoot. This is the main difference from a bike. That is the lowest point of the site is to be in the middle.
Just try to put on top of the seat and put the child. Let him try to be like, then drill a hole already.And it will be like me)))
The seat height should be somewhere in the 3-4 cm less than the length of the inside of the legs. Then you can pick up.
Pin is sitting at a large angle to the child will grow up not only raise the seat, but was pushed away from the steering wheel.
First, I attached it too far from the steering wheel, he was uncomfortable, sitting on the front edge of the seat.
Fasten seat to begovelu 2 ways.
One way is to insert and pull bolts.
2nd option: pull the bolts on the air.
First I made the first method, and then, when the seat is moved forward - too lazy and did the second. )))
Attach the seat should be placed directly between the sidewalls begovela that it is aligned to the axis of symmetry.
Do not forget to leave a distance to the rear wheels!
Step 21: Finish
RESULTS: Here's what happened in the end! The baby is very happy and have already mastered it at home) By the way ... child of 1 year and 5 months .. He goes and he's already on it! CAM!
(Cloth seats are not yet fully been stitched at the time of the photo, because sticking out a bit)