Introduction: Balloon Propeller
Using balloons as supports and another as a propeller, a small plastic "capsule" to keep everything together. This project is really cheap and easy to do!
- 1 500 mL bottle
- 3 to 4 punching balloon
- 1 pair of scissors (or similar cutting tool)
Step 1: Make the Capsule
- Take your 500 mL bottle and make a cut at the shoulder (where the I drew the line in the picture above) with your scissors, then cut the top off. (Please be careful! Cut away from yourself, and ask for help from an adult if necessary.)
- Then, you will want remove the cap and collar. It may be easier to use a small knife to remove the collar.
Step 2: Attach the Balloons
- Blow up 2 or 3 of the punching balloons and tie them up.
- Use the rubber bands attached to the punching balloons around where the collar was.
- Grab you last balloon and tape it to the side of the capsule. Order doesn't really matter for this step, just don't do it after step 4.
- Next you will blow up the balloon, but do not tie it! Simply hold the mouth of the balloon.
Step 3: Let It Fly!
- Take your balloon propelled capsule to an open area, away from anything that may pop the balloons, and be sure to hold the way shown above. If there is wind, point the capsule in the direction of the wind.
- When ready, let the balloons go. If any balloons fall off, it's ok. just put them back on to capsule.
Participated in the
Make It Fly Challenge
3 years ago
Sounds like fun :)