Introduction: Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish that many people around the world enjoy. We both like the dish and want to learn how to make it. The recipe seemed pretty easy to follow and it is a good skill to have for the future.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
12 ounces Baby Portabella mushrooms
Thickly sliced 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups beef stock
1/4 cup of water
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
8 ounces egg noodles uncooked
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Step 1: Tools
1 Large pot
1 Wooden stirring spoon
1 Cutting Board
Step 2: Directions
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and browned about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 3: Directions Cont...
2. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Stir in garlic and thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Step 4: Directions Cont...
4. Stir in 1/4 cup of water, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and raw egg noodles; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through about 9-10 minutes.
Step 5: Directions Cont...
5. Stir in sour cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.