Have you ever thought of bringing a cartoon character to life... I always have, and Bender from Futurama was the one.
On September 1st I knew what I had to do, so I began with Cardboard and started framing out the body, once I had that all laid out I began with the head. It was a bit of challenge but thats what I like, it pushes me to do my best.
Day by day I worked on this costume, spending from 5-9 hours a night on this costume making it look so realistic.
in the 2 months of work i put in 176 hours into the costume.
List of Materials:
• Truck load of CardBoard
• Foam Material (used for chair cushions - 4" thick)
• Foam Core - used for the eyes
• Crafting Foam - Hobby Lobby carries this in 8x10 or 11x17 (Brown and Black)
• Old Shoes - Bought a pair of knock off Croc's at PayLess Shoes
• 3 or 4 Yards of Light Grey Fabric - JoAnn Fabrics
• Grey Sweat Pants and matching top - Real classy I know
• Black Ribbon 1" thick - used for the lines on the shirt and pants
• Ping Pong ball - top of antenna
• Lots and Lots of Super Strong Duck Tape
• Window Screen Material - used for the Mouth - JoAnn Fabric
• 3 Really Strong Magnets - Cigar and Door
• Hinges for the door - they will be hidden under the foam
• 3" shipping tube - Cut into 3 pieces used for Mom's Oil Cans
• 1/4" Tube - used for drinking its optional to add. I had my hidden under the foam and made sure it made it up to my mouth. Yes it was tough to go to the bathroom in.
• 1/2" or 1/4" Tractor Insulation - 6yds of it. - bought it at a Swap Meet Store
• Battery powered Fan - it was 22° that night and i was sweating all night.
• Extra Batteries for the Fan unless you can rig something up that won't eat up batteries.
• Huge amount of Glue Sticks
• 6' of Nylon straps and Back Pack Clips to hold the head on.
Other than that, Good Luck Have Fun and Please send me Pics when you're done.
Cheers To Halloween.
Participated in the
Halloween Costume Contest
1 Person Made This Project!
- Mazdarossa made it!