Introduction: Budget Professional Sound Booth
It can be hard to get good sounding audio for your video voiceovers and youtube videos. You don't need pro quality audio kit to get pro sounding audio though and this very basic, very easy make is the basis for great sounding audio. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and can be made from more or less anything you have kicking around!
For the method, simply watch our short and informative video.
You Will Need:
- A box. We used a drawer, but you can use a sturdy cardboard box or anything else that takes your fancy
- Egg boxes. Enough to cover the inside surfaces of your chosen box
- Glue. We used hot melt glue but in truth, any glue is fine as long as it sets
- Knife for cutting
- Scissors for cutting
- A microphone
- A pop shield from the internets.
- A computer or recording device
- Be careful! Scissors and knives are sharp and can cut!
- Hot glue can burn, be careful, be clean, be tidy.
- Try and pick a box that is large enough to accomodate your mic but not too large or you will ruin the effect. We have used our box a fair but and think it is more or less the perfect size.
- Depending on your mic, you may not need a pop shield, but they cost about £8 and its worth having in our opinion.
We hope you have fun watching this and making your own and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!