Introduction: Burglar Alarm(Simple and No Coding)
Level 1 IR based Burglar Alarm.
This is the most basic and very easy project all you need is a bunch of electronics and wires.
The project aims to simply detect the objects in its range and bamm there goes the buzzer and shuts of after a few seconds when no object is detected.All this thing requires no programing skills or much of an electrician skills either!!!!!
Difficulty Level : BEGINNER.
If this is your 1st project then be happy this is going to work and its super easy.
The circuit diagram will be linked below.
Step 1: Understanding the IR Module
Don't be scared it's going to be fun :)
IR Sensor Module Features
- 5VDC Operating voltage
- I/O pins are 5V and 3.3V compliant
- Range: Up to 20cm
- Adjustable Sensing range
- Built-in Ambient Light Sensor
- 20mA supply current
- Mounting hole
This module has a built in indicator to indicate a obstacle detection !!!
To know more visit this link : IR module Datasheet
Step 2: Let's Get Started
Now let's start our project :
- Begin by connecting the VCC through a connecting wire or solder it to the +ve wire of the battery clip.
- Solder or connect a -ve wire to the GND pin of your IR module.
- Connect or Solder the buzzer pins with -ve of buzzer to OUT and +ve to VCC .(IF something is not right just reverse the buzzers connections!! )
- (OPTIONAL) Attach a electrolytic capacitor(i have used 0.1mf) to enhance the audio O/P.
Step 3: Olaaa!! It's Done
This was pretty quick :
Our project is completed and have fun with this very basic burglar alarm that can help you catch the evading picachu's and don't forget to connect the battery !!!
NOTE : This is not a efficient method of making a security system but works great for small area like your geometry box,bag,jewelry boxes,cupboard etc...but try to choose a dark area as exposing it to the bright area it may give you error readings as there is enough IR rays outside that could capture it and trigger!!!!
Whenever there is an obstacle in the range of the IR rays(don't worry you can't see them , just kidding) the OUT pin in the module triggers and theregoesthe buzz!!
Remember to mess with the potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity and the range(don't worry it has a max of 20cm)
Thank you and have fun !!!