Introduction: Car No.04 I Have Integrated Batteries, Modularized a Bit, and Applied Advanced Net.USB
I have integrated batteries. Power for USB Device Server and Wireless Broadband Router is provided form Ni-Cd battery for R/C car.
Mounted devices are modularized.
By attaching this module (plus Webcam), R/C car becomes “Steering Wheel Drive R/C Car”.
Here I made CC-01 Unimog “Steering Wheel Drive R/C Car”.
Also, I have applied an advanced net.USB.
Step 1: Procurement
- Chassis and BodyTamiya MERCEDES-BENZ UNIMOG 406 SERIES U900 CC-01 CHASSIS
- MotorATLAS AT7-153 Rock-Climber Stock Motor 130T
- ServoFutaba 404PD
- Speed ControllerTamiya TEU-104BK
- NI-Cd Battery 1500mAh 7.2V
Mounted devices on R/C Car
- Arduino Duemilanove
- Arduino ProtoShield KitDEV-07914
- Bluetooth ModemBlueSMiRF
- 006P Nickel hydride batteryGP20R8H 200mAh 8.4V
- Web CameraMicrosoft LifeCam HD-5000 7ND-00006
- USB Device ServerI-O DATA US high-speed model ETG-DS/US-HS (net.USB)
- Wireless Broadband RouterMZK-MF300N
- Space-Efficient Boost and SEPIC DC-DC Regulator LM2735
- 5V 1A Low Dropout RegulatorLM2940CT-5.0 kit
- Lubic, etc
PC side (Same as Car No.02 and Car No.03 of my Instructables)
Step 2: Assembling
Assemble R/C car in accordance with Assembly Manual.
Get the center value of servo(s) and set up speed controller. (Refer to Car No.02 or Car No.03 of my Instructables.)
Attach Lubic mount and Webcam.
7.2V for R/C Car, 5V for Wireless Broadband Router and 12V for USB Device Server are obtained by the following way.
7.2V: Ni-Cd battery
5V: Ni-Cd battery --> Low Dropout Regulator(LM2940CT-5.0)
12V: Ni-Cd battery --> Low Dropout Regulator(LM2940CT-5.0) --> Boost and SEPIC DC-DC Regulator(LM2735)
- Attach 12V and 5V power supplies on acrylic plate. Adjust volume on LM2735 to make output 12V.
- Attach wireless broadband router, USB device server and 006P battery on acrylic plate with double-faced adhesive tape, attach Arduino+ProtoShield+Bluetooth Modem on USB device server also with double-faced adhesive tape, and fix the module on Lubic mount and wire/connect.
Step 3: Code
PC side setup,
Processing and Arduino codes, and starting are same as Car No.03.
In this Car No.04, right and left turn become reversed.
Adjust xa calculating formula in void serialEvent() and void keyPressed().
xa = (98-32)/(camWidth_*k_)*x+32; // 0-->32, camWidth_/2*k-->65, camWidth_*k-->98