Introduction: Cashew-Ginger Asian Noodle Bowl
When transitioning to a plant-based diet, eating quinoa and vegetable bowls got old relatively quickly, so coming up with delicious and nutritious recipes was a must. This quickly became a favorite! Easy to make and keeps well in the fridge for lunch prep.... this noodle bowl is easily one of the BEST meals I have ever made. It may lack meat & dairy, but it definitely does not disappoint in flavor!
For the noodles, you will need a medium to large size skillet.
For the vegetables, you will need a medium to large size skillet.
For the dressing, you will need a food processor or small blender.
For the Bowls:
- 1 package of Hokkien Stir-Fry Noodles (found at Walmart)
- 1 cup of chopped baby carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1 ripe avocado
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
Step 1: The Vegetables
- Add about a tablespoon of sesame oil to the skillet and heat it to medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add the carrots. Let carrots cook for a couple minutes on their own.
- Once the carrots have softened slightly (about 3 minutes), add the bell pepper.
- After about 4-5 minutes, add the peas and scallions to warm, then turn off the heat.
Step 2: The Noodles
- Add about a tablespoon of sesame oil to your skillet and heat to medium-high
- Add noodles, and stir - cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set noodles aside.
Step 3: The Dressing
- Grate the ginger and add it to a small bowl.
- Add almond butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and water to the food processor or small blender.
- Blend/whisk together for 30 seconds and set aside.
Step 4: Assemble Your Bowl!
Start with a layer of chopped kale at the bottom of your bowl, then add noodles, vegetables, and dressing. To top it off, add sliced avocado and sprinkle with chopped cashews.
This usually makes 2 full bowls!
Runner Up in the
Meat Free Meal Challenge
Be the First to Share
3 years ago
This sounds amazinggg