Introduction: Cheer Jump: Right Hurdler
- A Hurdler jump a type of cheer jump done in games, practice, and you will see it in track.
- The idea behind a hurdler jump is to have the cheerleader's front leg parallel to the upper body and the back leg ben with the foot being brought to the backside.
- There are different types of hurdlers: right hurdler, front hurdler, and left hurdler. In this instructable, we will be doing a right hurdler.
Step 1: Step 1: Seated Straddle Stretch
- The first thing you should do before executing a hurdler jump is stretch. There are two good stretches to do that could help in not pulling a muscle.
- The first stretch is the straddle stretch.
- To do a straddle stretch:
- Sit down with your legs out on each side. You should be in a "V" shape.
- To get a good stretch, you should reach in front of you as far as you can go without hurting yourself.
Step 2: Step 2: Seated Hamstring Stretch
- A seated hamstring stretch helps stretch your hamstrings.
- To do this stretch:
- Sit on the ground with your legs straight out in front of you with your feet together.
- Sit up tall and bend forward with your hands in front.
- You can do this stretch with flexed feet, so you can grab your toes or:
- You can do this stretch with your feet pointed
Step 3: Step 3: Steps Before the Jump
- The first step before doing a hurdler jump is called "prep". Prepping is clasping your hands together and doing a very small squat.
- The second move is coming out of that squat and twisting your body to the right and on an angle with your arms up in front of you. Your hands are still clasped.
- The last step before jumping is squatting and bringing your arms around so it builds momentum to jump.
- Now you are ready for a hurdler jump.
Step 4: Step 4: Execute the Hurdler Jump
Be the First to Share
Did you make this project? Share it with us!
For the Home Contest
Game Design: Student Design Challenge
Big and Small Contest
4 years ago
It's cool to see this kind of tutorial on Instructables! Thanks for sharing your tips to do this jump safely!