Introduction: Cheetah Contouring (Inspired by Nicole Concilio)
Hey momoluvers! It's momo. Today I'm making a beauty tutorial that I scoured the Internet for. I eventually found just an image of it and wondered if the was a tutorial anywhere. I decided to make my own tutorial to show my momoluvers how to do it!
I absolutely love the new trend of clown contouring created by Bella Delune. A clown contour is an intricate contouring method that may resemble a skull, an animal, or (obviously) a clown, which set the trend, hence the name: clown contour. This one resembles a cheetah and I thought it was super sassy and cool so without further ado, here is the instructable.
Step 1: Foundation
1. Start off with a bare face.
2. Use your preferred foundation. I'm using Rimmel London Match Perfection in the shade soft beige. You can purchase it at a beauty store or online here for 5.99$: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4950055#
3. Turn the bottle over on a soft blending sponge and apply a dab to the cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. Use the round side of the sponge to blend the cheeks and forehead and use the flat edge to blend the nose and around the eyes.
Step 2: Concealer
1. The concealer I'm using is NAKED SKIN by urban decay. I absolutely love this concealer because it's weightless, soft, and natural. You can purchase it here for 28$: http://m.sephora.com/product/P392854
2. Apply it in an upside down triangle shape directly under the eye.
3. Blend it lightly with your finger
4. Then follow up with the blending sponge to completely blend it out
Step 3: Begin the Design
1. For my contouring, I'm using the NYX Wonder Stick. This is a fairly new product and it works really well. It's sort of a cream to powder and is the consistency of lipstick. You can purchase it here for 11.99$: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/wonder-stick/NYX_150.html
2. Draw a squiggle line under your eye with the contour side
3. Use the highlighter directly under it.
Step 4: Nose
1. With the contour side, draw two lines on the edge of your nose.
2. Fill in between the lines with the highlighter.
3. Color the bottom of your nose in the contour stick.
Step 5: Keep Going!
1. Draw a small line connecting the nose to the upper lip with the contour
2. With the highlighter, draw two small circles under the nose.
3. With the contouring side and a small pointed brush draw little dots all over the highlight.
Step 6: Chin
1. From the corners of your mouth, draw two angled lines with the contour stick pointing to the bottom of your chin.
2. Fill it in with your highlighter.
Step 7: Spots
1. Now we're going to draw some spots to make it even more cheetah like;). Use the contour stick to draw small U's all over your forehead.
2. Fill in the U's with small highlighter dots. To make them look like cheetah spots.
3. Repeat the U's along the hollows of your cheek. Don't fill these in with highlighter though.
Step 8: Whiskers
1. And lastly simply draw three whiskers on either side of your face
Step 9: Blend!
1. Use the blending sponge to completely blend out all of the contours and highlights. Once again, use the round side on large portions of your face and the flat side around your nose and eyes.
Step 10: Eyeshadow!
1. Prime your eyes with your preferred primer. I'm using urban decays primer potion. I have had this for a year and a half and I absolutely love it! It lasts so much longer than you'd think and it works like new! You can purchase your own here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3330137&skuId=2286790&cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CAWELAID=330000200000289424&catargetid=330000200000332826&cadevice=m&gclid=CN-5isnjj8cCFUI8gQod9mYLXA
2. Now I'm using the Ulta's Gilded Gold palette. I got this as a gift last month and it has 6 shimmer shadows, and 6 matte shadows. You can purchase this palette for 20$ here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11921009
3. Work Flicker into the crease
4. Apply Bone to the brow bone.
5. Sweep my personal favorite: Lava onto the lid.
6. With a small angled brush, apply Coal along the lower lash line.
Step 11: Lips
1. For lips, I'm using a gloss that I have been LOVING! It's NYX pump it up Lip Plumper and it is absolutely amazing. It tingles and makes your lips look really big and emphasized (with no need for a shotglass *wink*) you can purchase one online here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4141609#
Step 12: Eyeliner
1. For the eyeliners I'm using a basic liquid liner from LA Colors. It's not really a great eyeliner, I got it at the dollar store and its a little clumpy, but it gets the job done!
2. You can do whatever line you prefer, I'm doing a thin line with a long, dramatic flick.
Step 13: Finished!
And we are finally done! I would not recommend this for every day use, it is pretty extensive and is more for the experience. I hope y'all enjoyed this tutorial. Remember to vote for the hair and makeup contest, I REALLY appreciate it!
If you haven't already, subscribe, become a member of the farm family and give a cow its wings. Love y'all •_£
Participated in the
Hair and Makeup Contest
7 years ago
Awesome tutorial!! That must be your brother that walked through the door, lol. You look like twins !
7 years ago
7 years ago
Reply 7 years ago
I assumed, you remind me of her a lot! I love all your tutorials on here! :)
7 years ago
Do you watch grav3yard on YouTube?
7 years ago
Ok firstly, I like the cheetah look. I mean itself it's a complete look. Secondly I will try this technique because I did noticed the change in face cut after blending. Good luck