Introduction: Chef Inside INTEL(CII) - the Future of Automated Home Cooking (INTEL IoT)
Automated IoT Enabled Digital System, controlled and monitored from a Remote App over Internet.This Digital Chef can cook quality dishes, from a list of recipes chosen and monitored by a hungry user.
Project Members: Srinivas P, Adarsh J, Ganesh S
Background: We are in a fast moving world, where we think cooking a least priority.Here comes our gadget, that could potentially change the future of home cooking., and quality of home made food.Let's us introduce the "CII- Chef Inside INTEL" - cooking the future.! We introduce this IOT device that could be programmed to automate home cooking in ease.The IOT requires less user intervention, and can operate with most intelligence and compact Edison Processor on board. Powered by Intel!
- Intel XDK for Node-JS Designing & Coding.
- Teraterm, WinSCP for debugging
- Windows PC with minimum 2 USB ports
- Heating element (inductive/microwave/resistive) for Cooking
- Relays & Contactors with sufficient NO & NC
- DC Motors 1KG torque
- Intel IOT Edison Board for the Digital Brain
- Control Power supply SMPS(12V).
- Temperature sensors
- Arduino DIO AIO expansion shield
- Create a Framework(wooden/Plastic) for motor assembly to work closely with the induction stove.
- Loading assembly that will load the raw material onto the cooking base
- Unloader arm that moves cooked food onto our plates.
- Hungry home users who love technology to cook food.
- People who really cant make some minutes for cooking due to their busy schedules.
- And people who would like to try foods that are made abroad.
Step 1: Prepare the Plan
- Create a plan of how the Chef inside INTEL system is going to integrate with your existing Cooking System.
- Design a framework or an assembly to provide Digital Induction stove, a support for loader and unloader of food.
- Purchase all the requirements and buy spare components too, we know how experiments excels initially.
- Test every component before bringing it into the project workbench.
- Choose a Programming language for the automating the process.
- We chose Node-JS, prefer among web developers.
- Create a Programming Model that enables Client-Server Architecture.
- Create a Web/Mobile app for User to trigger the Cooking with list of Menu.
- Create a Server listener to process the user's request based on choice.
- Reply with an ACK of the Cooking completion.
Step 2: Wings of Wire
- Prepare a wiring design between
- Relay board and Motor Assembly.
- Relay board and Induction Control Panel.
- Relay board and Intel IOT Edison I/O
- Sensor and Intel IOT Edison I/O
- Induction controller, Relay board and Intel IOT Edison I/O
- Perform individual wiring for each and every component., do not let loose contacts.
- Check operation of individual relays and check their contact potentials.
- Avoid any chance to mingle the polarities of SMPS.
- Be careful while interfacing with Induction Stove’s Control panel, wrong interfacing can lead to undesirable results.
- Ensure proper Motor is use and it is durable enough for long run.
- Create a pin to relay and relay to component mapping diagram to ensure perfect circuit tracing.
- Before starting to code., ensure the wiring is done as per design., perform a individual unit testing of component units.
Step 3: Code the Chef
- Initially write coding for each relay channel and perform unit testing.
- Ensure each relay works on sending signal to each pin.
- Create individual functions for perform specific tasks
- Refer I/O pin mapping diagram
- Further integrate individual modular functions to perform specific Actions.
- Motor rotate(motorId,Direction)
- Read Temperature()
- Regulate Temperature(temperature)
- Finally Create a Web and Mobile Server Program to trigger the functions from Remote system.
- Used “digitalWrite” example project for Relay Management
- Used “localtempexample” for Client Server Program for Remote Trigger
Attached the final coding used in the Intel IOT event.