Introduction: Chinese Traditional Painting NeoPixel Wall Art (Powered by Arduino)
Feeling a little boring about your wall? Let’s make a beautiful and easy wall art powered by Arduino today! You just need to wave your hand in front of the frame, and wait for the magic!
In this tutorial, we will be discussing how to create your own full sized NeoPixel Wall Art powered by Arduino.
3.5’’x10’’x0.75’’ wood brick x 2
3.5”x17”x0.75” wood brick x1
3.5”x10.5”x0.75” wood brick x1
3. NeoPixel strip 1m
4. chipboard and acrylic
5. Spray paint (grey or other colors)
6. Arduino (metro board and sound board)
8. Wires tape
9. Hot glue
10. Soldering set
11. Cool white LED strips x2
12. Speakers x2
13. Motion Sensor (for triggering speaker)
14. Red Round LED (for sun)
15. Pink sequins (for flowers if you want)
1. Laser cutter
2. Table saw
3. Wood nails and hammer
Step 1: Step1 - Choose Your Reference Painting Picture and Design the Wood Frame for It.
Reference painting picture: you can choose any pictures you like.
Wood frame: measure the right scale of the picture you choose to confirm your wood frame size.
Making the wood frame:
1. Cut the wood board into the size you need with table saw.
2. Cut the groove on the wood board for setting the wires and mountain chipboard.
3. Use the wood nails and hammer to connect the frame as shown in the picture.
Step 2: Step 2 - Cut Out the Shape of Mountains and Bird You Need and Set Them on the Wood Frame.
1. Draw the mountains and bird shape in AI. (Google how to set AI file for laser cutter)
2. Cut them out by laser cutter.
3. Spray paint your mountain chipboard the color you want.
4. Insert and fix the mountain boards with hot glue into the groove you cut on the wood frame.
Step 3: Step 3 - Set Up Your LED and NeoPixel Position
1. Set up 2 strips of cool white LED on the edges of your wood frame.
2. Set up NeoPixel strip on the back edges of your mountains chipboard.
3. Solder your NeoPixel strips in series for later Arduino circuit.
Step 4: Step 4 - Draw Your Circuit Diagram and Assemble It.
1. Draw your circuit diagram as the picture shown, including all the components written at the beginning.
2. Solder them in a proper way.
3. Test if they can work properly.
3. Assemble your NeoPixel and all your components on your wood frame in the right positions.
Step 5: Step 5 - Coding and Audio Upload and Cotton Adding.
1. Coding for your neopixel strips for the effects you want.
2. Coding for your pink sequins for flowers, red round LED for sun and audio board.
3. Download the audio you want (Such as the sound of birds) and then upload into your audio board.
4. Test if all the things work properly.
5. Add cotton at the edges of the mountains and wood frames.
Step 6: Step 6 - Enjoy You Wall Art
Hang it on the wall and take some pictures!