Introduction: Chocolate Chunk Cookies
❧ If you like this video and this recipe, it'd be super cool if you could subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Darnyouglutenfood ❦
Step 1: How to Rule the GF Cookie World
1. Start by sifting the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a bowl. Stir all those ingredients together.
2. Next divide your butter into 50g and 40g portions, and crumble in the 50g with your fingers. The mixture should end up looking like bread crumbs.
3. Place the 40g of left over butter in a microwave safe bowl with the honey and the coconut oil. Heat for about 1minute until all the butter has melted, then stir together until all three ingredients are combined. Pour in the vanilla extract and stir together then pour the whole thing over the bread-crumbed textured mix you prepared just before. Mix together until a nice smooth dough forms.
4. You can now pour in the chocolate chunks and mix them into the dough.
~ Bonus points if you make your own chocolate chips (like I did)! if you have a chocolate mold or even an ice-cube mold that have small sized shapes then you just have to melt some chocolate and pour it into the mold, flatten it off with a spatula or the back of a knife, let set in the fridge and pop them out! ~
5.Then wrap it in some cling film and refrigerate for about an hour.
6. When the dough is chilled, take it out of the fridge and let it warm up slightly before portioning out about 1tbsp's worth of dough. Roll the pieces into balls then flatten them on a lined baking tray.
7. Place in an oven that has been pre-heated to 180°C for about 12minutes. When you take them out, resist the temptation of touching them as they'll fall apart. Let them call completely before moving them. You can store them in an air tight container... or you know, eat them straight away. I do recommend saving them for one day as they taste dangerously delicious once you've given the flavours some time to develop!
Step 2: Spread the Love, Conquer the World❣
I kept making batches and somehow they just kept disappearing... I just can't imagine why ;)
I hope you like them too! <3