Introduction: Christmas Tree
This is my first instructable on making a Christmas Tree. I used Tinkercad to design the tree.
- Jumbo Straws(10mm diameter and 8.5 inches length)
- Rubber Bands
- 1 LED
- Lego pieces
- Foil paper
- Nail art stickers
Step 1: Design on Tinkercad
- The design is made on Tinkercad using Boba straw(10mm diameter) under 'Making at Home'.
- There are 5 sets of straw lengths 5 inches[(127mm) (1 straw)], 4 inches[(101.6mm)(6 straws)], 3 inches[(76.2)(12 straws)], 2 inches[(50.2mm)(19 straws)], 1 inch[(25.4mm)(23 straws)] stacked around in circle.
- A cylinder is used for CD reducing it to 1mm thickness and 120mm diameter.
- Make a 15mm hole in the center of the CD using a 15mm diameter cylinder.
- For the LED base 30mm diameter and 4mm thickness cylinder is used.
- The paraboloid is 12mm in diameter and 5mm in height for the LED flame.
- The center straw(127mm) is mounted on the LED flame.
- The entire tree sits on the CD with cotton along the periphery.
- The gift boxes are various sized 'box' shape.
- The ornaments are small spheres of diameter 11mm and cotton balls are 15mm spheres.
Step 2: Product
- Cut the straws into 5 lengths (5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 inch).
- Stack 4 inch straws around 5 inch straw.
- Similarly 3 inch straws around the 4 inch, 2 inch straws around the 3 inch and 1 inch straws around the 2 inch.
- Use rubber bands to hold the straws in place.
- Mount a CD on the LED and fix the center(5 inch) straw on the flame.
Take Lego pieces of same size attached in 2 or 3 and gift wrap with foil paper and the gifts are ready!
- Decorate with beads and the nail art stickers.
- Arrange the cotton balls along the periphery of the CD.
- Light it up!
Participated in the
Holiday Decorations Speed Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- MahimaGiri made it!