Comic Onomatopoeia Fridge Magnet




Introduction: Comic Onomatopoeia Fridge Magnet

Create a new look for your fridge or office with the boom, crash, bang and so comic onomatopoeias. It's quite simple, inexpensive and fun to make them. Also, the technique is valid for images from magazines, newspapers, or whatever you print (mandatory thin paper). Let's start!

Step 1: Tools and Materials

You will need:

  1. Old comic book (or print the image in thin paper).
  2. Thick cardboard.
  3. Fridge magnet (I'm recycling those adds.
  4. Transparent cover paper.
  5. Stick glue.
  6. Scissors/cutter.
  7. Cutting mat.

Also some scrap paper for gluing tasks.

Step 2: Cutting

Choose the image you want to use, and cut it with a big border. Cut the cardboard a very little bigger than the inside frame of the image. The transparent book cover must be similar to the first.

Step 3: Gluing

Put some glue on cardboard and then stick the paper. Do it against the light, so you can center them properly. Assure the cardboard overlaps the frame in each corner.

Now, remove the four corners of the paper and glue it to the back of the cardboard.

Step 4: The Glossy Touch

Now stick the transparent book cover at the center, cut again the four corners and fold it to the back of the cardboard. Do this tightly, taking care there is no bubbles and the border is well covered.

Step 5: Magnet Finishing

Remove the add surface of the magnet (if you are recycling one like I do), and glue it to the back. Cut it if necessary, the magnet must be smaller. Finally, let it dry with some heavy books for a while. Enjoy!

Be the First to Share


    • Unusual Uses Contest

      Unusual Uses Contest
    • Tiny Things Speed Challenge

      Tiny Things Speed Challenge
    • Edible Art Challenge

      Edible Art Challenge



    7 years ago on Introduction

    Mira que hacerlos con recortes de Mortadelo y Filemón es aún más agradable. ¡Buenísima idea!


    7 years ago

    So awesome! I'd love to see what the finish would look like if someone used modge-podge or some sort of lacquer instead of contact paper.