Introduction: Crochet Rubber Duck Earrings
Ducks are amazing, but rubber ducks are even better! Why not wear these cute rubber ducks on your ears in crochet form? Using minimal yarn and materials these are a great summer craft that takes only a few minutes and even fewer supplies.
In this Instructables, I will teach you how to crochet your own rubber ducks and how to turn them into delightfully cute earrings that you can wear for fun. This is a beginner level pattern and should take around 30 minutes to complete a set.
Hook: 4.25mm (Size G/6)
Yarn: Size 4 worsted weight (small amounts of yellow and orange)
White or black thread
4 black seed beads
2 jump rings
2 earring hooks
**You will need scissors and jewelry pliers
MC - Magic Circle
SC - Single Crochet
INC - Increase
SC2TOG - Single Crochet Decrease
CH - Chain
st - stitch
sts - stitches
slst - slip stitch
FO - Finish Off
This pattern will be worked in continuous rounds.
Use a stitch marker to keep track of which round you are on.
Each duck earring set will be one-of-a-kind.
Assembly instructions can be found at the end of the pattern.
Step 1: Begin
Round 1: Start 6 SC in an MC 
Round 2-3 (2 rounds): SC in each st around 
Round 4: INC in the next 3 sts, SC in the next 3 sts 
Round 5: INC in the next 6 sts, SC in next 3 sts 
Round 6-7: SC in each st around 
Round 8: SC2TOG in the next 6 sts, SC in the next 3 sts 
Round 9: SC2TOG in the next 3 sts, slst in the next st *end early*
FO, sew the hole closed and hide the end using a yarn needle
SC 4 in an MC (4)
FO, leaving a tail to sew
CH 2, turn, SK 1 st, SC in the next CH. (1)
FO leaving a tail to tie.
Step 2: Assembly and Finish
1. Tie the beak to the front of the body. (The back should be where your increases are to imitate a tail.) Hide the ends within the duck.
2. Sew the wings on either side of the duck. Hide the ends within the duck.
3. Using the thread sew the seed beads on as eyes on and above either side of the beak.
4. Using pliers open the jump ring and guide it behind a stitch on the back of the duck's neck.
5. Place the earring hook on the jump ring, with the needle end facing the back of the duck.
6. Close the jump ring with the pliers.
CONGRATS! You now have your very own crocheted rubber duck earring pair. Feel free to send me pictures, I’d love to see!
Participated in the