Introduction: Crumbled Cake
This cake comes to our table several times a year. The recipe comes from our grandmother. The cake usually disappears in a few minutes, our children and our visiting friends, likes it very much.
Step 1: Ingredients Needed for the Dough:
0.5 kg of flour
6 eggs 200g of Butter + 1 tablespoon of oil
3 tablespoons sugar for cake and 1.5 glasses for foam
16g of vanilla sugar
3 teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of cocoa
1 kg of favorite Fruits in syrup ( We are using strawberries )
Except Ingredients you will need:
Kitchen mixer, 3 bowls, deep baking sheet, baking paper
Step 2: Cake Base
1. Separate egg yolk from egg white. Egg whites will still be needed - do not throw them away.
2. In the first bowl, knead together butter, egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of white sugar, 16g of vanilla sugar, 3 teaspoons of baking powder.
Step 3: Cocoa Base
1. From just made cake base take 1/3 and put it to the second bowl.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of cocoa and knead together.
Step 4: Beaten Egg White
1. Take 1/5 Glas of white sugar and mix them togheter to get rigid foam
Step 5: Preparing for Baking
1. Take deep baking sheet and place inside a sheet of the baking paper
2. To the inside of the baking sheet crush 1/3 prepared cake base( aprox half of this what left in first bowl )
3. Crumble cocoa base on the top as next layer as shown on the photo ( Leave a bit for decoration )
4. Put fruits inside
5. Cover fruits with prepared before egg white foam
6. On the top as the last layer crumble remainded cake base, and decorate it with cocoa strips
Step 6: Baking
1. Set the bake oven to 180 degrees - best with hot air circulation
2. Bake Your cake inside for 40-50 min long
3. Baked cake decorate with Water-soluble powdered sugar.
I hope you will enjoy it, and our cake will become one of favorites for your family.