Introduction: Cup Mug! (Silly Solutions)
This is a revolutionary invention that can turn an average, everyday water cup into an awesome, vastly superior mug!
Step 1: A Shattering Crisis!
I was in the process of washing my favorite mug, when I accidentally dropped it on the floor, shattering it beyond repair. I was eventually able to recover from this devastating event, with an amazing idea on how to fix it.
Step 2: A New Hope!
I feared that all was lost, but just then I had a brilliant idea! I would make a design that would turn a cup INTO a mug!
Step 3: Dimensions!
This part was probably the most important, as I needed to get exact measurements for this design to work. I would have to measure everything twice, sometimes even thrice, but I made sure that I had the correct data in the end. The second most important step is to write down all new measurements and information, because having to re-measure everything would have been a real pain! (One could even say that I took extreme measures to prevent this from happening!)
Step 4: The Design Process!
This part was relatively simple, as I had already acquired all the data that I would need; the only thing left to do was to design the Cup Mug itself! (This is my favorite part of the whole process, but it still took me almost an hour and a half to do!)
Step 5: Rough Drafting! Rough Printing?
I had made the design, but now came the ultimate test. I had to print my design to see if I had done everything correctly. Now, I have learned from past experience that a “Rough draft” Is the best way to see if my measurements checked out. So, I edited my design a little bit to make it 1 millimeter thick, and printed it to see if it fit around the cup I measured.
Step 6: Second Print
Now that I measured the rough print and confirmed that the dimensions were correct, it was time to print the full version. After two hours when the print was complete, and I was finally able to test our my design. I am glad to report that the design worked great on the first try!
Step 7: Success!
Here are some pictures that summarize the project!
Participated in the
Tinkercad Student Design Contest