Introduction: DIY Body Scrub
Body scrubs are a great way to treat your skin and keep it soft all year long! This DIY scrub only contains 3 ingredients and they can be found in most households as well as your local grocery store. This is an affordable body scrub that is also easy to make. Give it a try and see how you like it!
Step 1: Supplies
- Brown sugar - C&H Brown Sugar
- Olive oil - Trader Joe's Olive Oil
- Honey - Trader Joe's Wild Honey
- Measuring cups (1 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup)
- Mixing bowl
- Mason jar (17 oz) or any container to store the scrub - Korken Jar
*All materials can be found in almost any store (Walmart, Target, Safeway, etc..)
*I bought my mason jar from Ikea but amazon.com and target.com has more variety in styles.
*The links provided are the brands that I used but any brand will work. Whether it be organic or not is just a matter of preference.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 10-15 MINUTES
Step 2: Disclaimer!
- Make sure to read the ingredients in the products used!
- Before trying the scrub all over the body, test a small sample on the back of your arms. Wait 24 hours and see if any irritation has occurred.
Place the mixing bowl on the counter.
- Measure out 2 cups of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of olive oil, and 1/4 cup of honey.
- Place all 3 ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Mix until all the honey and olive oil is evenly coated into the brown sugar.
- Place the mixture into your mason jar or container and then you are all done.
- You can place it inside your shower and use it 1-2 times a week.