Introduction: DIY Gag Party Favors
I wanted to make some party favors to share here on Instructables. I made these adorable Altoids party favors! They turned out real cute. With the holidays coming up these would make just about anyone happy. Cheap, quick, and easy to make. Hope you like them as much as I do!
The Altoids kit contains:
- Tea bag.
- Coffee Creamer.
- Sugar packet or a sugar cube.
- Mini tooth brush.
- Home made Mint tooth powder.
- Home made Mint or cinnamon tooth picks.
- Dental floss.
- Chocolate coin.
Step 1: Supplies:
- Empty Altoids tin.
- Wax paper.
- Dental floss,
- Plastic spoon.
- Sugar cube or packet.
- Tea Bag.
- Mint or cinnamon tooth picks.
- Baking soda.
- Mint oil.
- Scotch tape.
- Rubber band.
- Holiday stickers.
- Small soft netting. I got mine from the treasure candy (gold chocolate coins package, it is perfect.
- Black construction paper to embellish the lid (optional )
Step 2: Tooth Paste
- Measure approximately 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add 1 drop of mint oil.
- Stir well.
- Set aside while you make the bag to put it in.
Step 3: Tooth Paste Bag
- Tear off a small strip of wax paper and fold it double into 3 match book covers.
- One for the tooth paste, tooth brush, raisins, and one for the tea bag. You may use brown paper like I did. I was showing different ways to make them.
- See picture.
- Tape the length so the contents won't leak out.
- Pour the tooth paste into the bag.
- Place the netting and rubber band into a bag.
- Place the tea bag into a bag.
- Place the raisins into a bag.
- Make a small label for the tooth paste, tooth brush, tea bag, and raisins.
- Place the labels the labels on top.
- Staple them closed.
- You may tape a bow from the dental floss or use raffia like I used on the tea bag.
- Add stickers.
- Shorten the plastic spoon.
- Place a sticker on the tip of the spoon or tie a bow out of the dental floss.
- Set aside until later.
They also go great with fall and winter holidays.
Step 4: Tooth Picks
- If you wish to make your own home made hot cinnamon stick tooth picks, I have a tutorial on how to make them here:https://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Flavored-Or-InfusedTooth-Picks/.
- Otherwise tape a mint or cinnamon tooth pick to one of the remaining packages or:
- Make a small wax paper matchbook bag like I have here.
- Using a small glass tube is better because you don't use as much oil.
- You may use a small glass jar with a lid or a wide mouth canning jar with a lid.
- Add enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the jar.
- Fill the jar with tooth picks.
- Leave in the jar for 24 hours.
- Place a napkin on a plate and scatter out the tooth picks on that.
- Allow to dry until they aren't wet.
- You may pat them lightly with a paper towel.
- Place them into a plastic jar.
- The pharmacist told me not to use plastic for making the cinnamon sticks because it was very strong oil. He said I could store them in the plastic containers if they were dry. I also do not recommend letting small kids use the hot cinnamon sticks. Maybe make vanilla or mint for them.
Step 5: Sugar Options
- I made home sugar cubes here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Your-Favorite-Character-Tea-Coffee-Break/.
- You may add small sugar packets and decorate them if you don't want to make cubes.
Step 6: Decorating the Lid
Embellishing the lid:
I used black construction paper and stickers to decorate the lid.
It is not necessary but I just happen to enjoy decorating anything.
Step 7: Filling the Altoids Box
- Fill the box with all your goodies.
- It may take a few tries because the box is quite small.
- I had to remove the sugar cube and add a sugar packet.
- My spoon did not fit but I did not have any other plastic spoons because we don't eat out.
- Choose a small spoon or a coffee stick from the quick stop stores or use a cut off skewer.
- I will tape my spoon on the top of the can as an embellishment.
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
As a kid I remember buying cinnamon sticks at our little country market. I loved them! I have not seen them around for a long time. I decided I was going to try and make my own. I live in a small town and did not know if I could find any so after checking around someone mention I try the Prim's drug here. The had 1 bottle and I paid around $5.00 for a small bottle. I did not use much so it will last me a long time. I went back and bought another bottle to have on hand.
Thanks for stopping by and do come back soon. I have quite a few Instructables I am currently working on that should be posted very soon. Remember to have a splendorous day!
Participated in the
Participated in the
Halloween Food Challenge
Participated in the
Make It Stick Contest 2