Introduction: DIY Lithophane Floating Lamp
From last few weeks we are seeing many posts about the Impossible Floating table. Using the same concept I have designed a Lithophane Floating Lamp. Lithophane Floating Lamp is a desk lamp,having the photos you desire to have on it. Its can be a best gift for your loved ones. The lamp has different color modes which can be triggered using a push button or a IR sensor.
Step 1: Components Required:
- Arduino Nano(1)
- Pixel LED Strip(20 LEDs)
- Push Button Or IR sensor (1)
- Female DC power pin(1)
- 5V Adapter(1)
- 3D printing
Step 2: 3D Printing:
- Go to https://lithophanemaker.com/
- Open Lithophane Lamp Maker Page.
- Choose the images you want to insert.
- Set all the dimension values as shown in image (as per my design).
- Login with your E-Mail ID and click on Create.stl.
- STL file will be downloaded.
- Link for floating table STL: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TuedHUjSw...
- 3D Print the lithophane in super quality.
- 3D print the floating table.
- Make the floating table using wires instead of strings.
Step 3: Circuit Connections:
- You can choose the mode of triggering the lamp color modes either by push button or IR sensor.
- The code for both the option is same.
- Make all the connections as shown in circuit diagram.
- I have used WS2811 LEDs, I will recommend you to use any addressable LED Strip so that it can be more continent.
Step 4: Code:
- Open the code in Arduino IDE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TuedHUjSwH...
- Make sure to install FastLED.h library in Arduino IDE.
- Connect your Arduino to PC and upload the code.
Step 5: Assembly:
- Make sure to check all the functions of circuit after uploading the code.
- Assemble everything together using glue.
- That's it Lamp is ready.
- Use a 5V adapter to power the lamp.