Introduction: DIY Night Cream
This is my first instructable, I'm happy to share a DIY Night Cream for moisturised skin and also decrease the melanin content of your face&hands. Increase your colour by 2 - 3 tones. But it sure does take time.. Come on.. it doesn't happen overnight.
Anyways let's jump into process. Benefits of all ingredient are on the way
Step 1: Ingredients
Below are the ingredients that are hidden in your kitchen cupboard and cosmetic rag
- Rose water - 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin C Capsule - 1 Tablet
- Coconut milk - 2 teaspoon
- Aloe vera gel - 3 teaspoon
- Liquorice powder - 2 pinches or 1/2 teaspoon
- Sweet Almond oil - 2 teaspoon.
Each Benefits of the ingredient will be separately explained in each steps
Step 2: Add Rose Water
Add 1 teaspoon of Rose water, this is our first ingredient., magic potion of our cream
Rose water benefits:
1) Rosewater helps maintain the skin's pH balance, and also controls excess oil.2.
2) Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores
3) Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4) Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wound
Step 3: Vitamin C Capsule - Crushed
I brought from local pharmacy, its harmless. Mine was chewable one with good orange taste yummm.. I crushed by using ziplock bag & wooden stick and then showed my aggression.. as a result i was stress free and got my tablet crushed. Two - in - one ;>
If you have trouble finding one, you can compensate by adding Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Vitamin C Capsule Benefits
Improves heart health, reduces blood pressure level... these are benefits if we intake. which we are not doing :P
Vitamin C capsule benefits for Skin
1) Heals burns
2) Treats Sunburn
3) Skin discolouration
4) Skin Texture improves
Step 4: Aloe Vera Gel
Add 3 teaspoon of Aloe vera gel in another bowl,
Benefits of Aloe vera gel
1) Aloe vera gel contains compounds called polysaccharides that encourage skin repair and new skin cells to set up fast
2) Relieve skin irritation
3) It helps in locking moisture in skin
Step 5: Coconut Milk
Add 2 teaspoon of coconut milk, you can use canned one or freshly prepared one too. add this with aloe vera gel mix well, add this combination with earlier vitamin C and rose water mixture, give it a good stir for 30 secs
How to make freshly prepared one
- Start by heating the water and before it starts boiling, pour it into the blender over the shredded coconut.
- Blend for two minutes and strain the mix.
- And there you have your coconut milk.
Coconut milk Benefits
1) Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C which helps maintain elasticity and flexibility of skin
2) It is also rich in copper, and prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
3) Coconut milk is a nourishing treat to your skin because of its antibacterial properties.
4) Helps in having glowing skin
Step 6: Sweet Almond Oil
Add 2 teaspoon of almond oil in earlier combined mixture. Everybody knows about skin benefits of almond oil. For those who haven't used almond oil, you might wanna take a look down and reconsider.
Sweet Almond oil Benefits
1) Sweet Almond Oil for face works like a charm. It is rich in Vitamin E and anti-oxidants that promote shiny, smooth skin.
2) Reduction in eye wrinkles, dark circles and eye bags are some of the best known sweet almond oil uses.
3) Sweet Almond oil has skin lightening properties, thanks to the rich content of Vitamin E.
4) Sweet Almond oil can also promote skin elasticity around eyes by improving Collagen.
5) Regular application of Sweet Almond oil can reduce and prevent the formation of scars on the skin.
6) It is a great source of fatty acids that penetrate deep into the skin and ensure good moisturization. Regular usage of sweet almond oil can result in healthy and beautiful looking skin.
Step 7: Liquorice Powder
Add 2 pinches of Liquorice powder, mix it well for 1 - 2 mins. Actually this powder is obtained from plant called legume, much like a bean, The secret to reaping the sought-after health benefits lies within the plant’s root.
Liquorice powder benefits
1) Liquorice helps to speed up the process by blocking the melanin production and evening out the skin tone of dark scars.
2) Liquorice can restore the skin to a lighter color when applied daily to the darkened area
3) Liquorice is also full of antioxidants that help block free radicals and keep your skin from aging prematurely.
4) Liquorice contains anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and itching or burning of the skin.
Step 8: Finally Ready
Directions to use:
1) Use sponge or cotton, dip it and start massaging your face with this for 3 - 4 minutes.
2) Do this every night before bed
3) This preparation can be refrigerated for 7 - 10 days
4) This can be applied for face, hands and legs too (if you want)
Photos of usage are soon to be posted.....
Please let me know your thoughts in comment section and if anyone had tried this, would love to see the outcome.
Participated in the
Beauty Tips Contest