Introduction: Delicious Cheesy Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is incredible BUT honestly, cheesy garlic bread is life!!!! if you have never had cheesy garlic bread you need to try this asap it is so amazingly heartwarming and is my definition of comfort food!!.
The great thing about this cheese mixture you can make a double batch and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. Just take some out and scoop it onto some bread, whack it in the ovn and you have quick and easy cheesy garlic bread whenever you want!
Step 1: Ingredients & Equipment
- Small 25-30cm baguette or any loaf of bread that your heart desires (this depends how thicly you willspread your cheese mixture onto your bread)
- 1/2 Cup softened butter (I like using salted because it adds beautiful flavour to the garlic bread. but if your cheese is salty go for unsalted)
- 2-3Tbsp fresh garlic chives (regular chives work well or parsley)
- 2-4 Cloves of garlic (I use the purple Italian garlic which has more flavour (if you use the white maybe use an extra clove, but then again I'm obsessed with garlic)
- 1/2 Cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Parmesan cheese
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Mixing bowl
Step 2: Make the Garlic Butter Mix
To make the butter mix place the soft/melted butter in your mixing bowl. Then add the cheese, garlic and chives.
Mix these all together until incorporated. This is so simple and it will smell so good I'm so excited!!! If you are using unsalted butter you can add some extra salt for taste (but your cheese may be enough saltiness).
If you re making more mixture you can store it in the fridge at this point.
Step 3: Spread the Mixture
Once you have your mixture cut open your bread (or cut it in half) and then spoon the mixture onto the bread. Now you can add as much as you want. Lets be honest if you are going to make something like this I would mountain it on top!!!
Step 4: Bake the Bread
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius (375 degrees Fahrenheit). Place your bread on a baking tray, lines with baking paper and bake the garlic bread for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and perfect!!!
Step 5: Serve Nice and Hot!
This is one of those beautiful moments that you will want to eat as soon as possible. Try and let it cool for a few minutes but lets be honest you will want to eat this as soon as humanly possible. the smell will be calling out to you!!! resistance is futile!!!!
You can eat this on its own, with soup, as a side to other Italian dishes (I eat this pretty much all the time there are so many things you can eat this with!
Second Prize in the
Cheese Speed Challenge