Introduction: Digital Herbal Vaporizer
I have always wanted a vaporizer and have tried making a few diy mflb which never seemed to work. Portable vaporizers always seem to be expensive so when I found the Hebe titan 2 for around $30(sale price) I jumped right on it. I have read many reviews on the device and many people conclude that it is a cheaply made Chinese vape which taste horribly plastic upon use. I was actually quite pleased with my vape when it arrived and it worked really well for my use. About a month into owing the vape it stopped charging/ turning on, so I read reviews of other units like mine going completely haywire and end up in rather hazardous condition.Of course I was worried and a little disappointed that my device wasn't functioning. Being a curious person and having a device already broken I couldn't help but take the whole thing apart and see what made this device tick. It was a rather simple problem. The wire from the positive side of the battery had disconnected from the main control switch and wasn't providing connection for charge/ basic use. I could have easily re-soldered the unit and shoved everything back but I happened to break the casing upon a rather violent deconstruction and I didn't want to permanently seal the unit in case anything else went wrong and required maintenance. Being an industrious person I figured I could just make my own enclosure for the components left over. All the material I used was scrap so my total cost for completing the $10 which was spent on kapton tape and a battery enclosure for the 18650 battery which I really just needed the wire to expend the negative side of the battery so i had space to move the battery into place while keeping the main circuit board embedded in the face.
Step 1: Make Your Pieces
I really didnt do anything special within the construction of the box. I had to get a little creative with the material I had which really dealt with the width of the pieces I. The top of the vape is the original thickness of the back and the bottom. Similarly the slide door and other side are halves of one piece. The face is its own single piece. I cut the width with a table saw. The top piece which houses the bowl has a 5/8" hole to fit the rubber grommet which also acts as a mouthpiece insert/ insulator. The inside has a 3/4" hole to house the thickness of the metal bowl, the conductive strip which wraps around the metal bowl, a few layers of kapton tape to hold down the thermometer sensor for the unit, and insulating cloth with more kapton tape. The piece which is next to the battery holds the bottom in and has holes drilled for airflow. I used a single screw to keep in together which negated the use for glue and allows access for any further maintenance. The battery has a 3/4" hole just to keep it from moving and add pressure to the bottom which has a foam piece protecting the positive lead and acted as a spacer in the old housing. The circuit board was fit into a routed space of equal dimension and the frond was routed to accommodate for the little window and control buttons. They are originally from the old vape and instead of going through making a new one from other scraps and dealing with such tiny pieces I just glued the plastic face in and drilled holes for the buttons.
Step 2: Make a New Stem
Going back to the scrap pile I made a mouthpiece and fit it so the screen I pulled off from the original mouthpiece fit inside the straw I made. I didn't glue the piece into the straw because I wanted to make a better one so as of now it works but only OK. This is not an instructable to build a box. I really just wanted to have a functional vaporizer, one that was aesthetically pleasing, sturdy, and NOT plastic. Thankfully wood acts very well as an insulator so my hand never gets too hot holding the unit even at its highest temp, although it will get hot after some time. Unfortunately it keeps heat quite longer than I would like so I will have to go in and drill vent holes. The box was finished with mineral oil but will be lacquered after I figure out a design to burn into the wood. Bonus! The leftover space makes for a very nice stash box. Anyways thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed!