Introduction: Disposable Putty Knifes
While fixing some dents in the cars, i came across some holes in weird places, and some contours that i wasn't able to fill properly with having to torture my self with alot of sanding.
This is very easy and quick to make, and proved very practical.
I used some wooden tongue depressors(can be obtained cheaply at any pharmacy), wire cutter, sand paper on a block (any flat surface would do the trick), and some wood glue.
Step 1: Preparing the Sticks
- The sticks' tips were roughly cut with the cutter.
when using it for the first time, the stick broke when i applied a little pressure when the putty hardened. So i tried two methods:
- Gluing two sticks instead of one, which was really uncomfortable to used because it wasn't as flexible, but maybe someone can find it useful.
- Gluing small braces at the breaking points.
- The tips were sanded to remove any fibers and roughness.
- The tips were beveled by using the sticks as if the block is being filled with putty.
Step 2: Finished Product
What i love about this is that i can be made in less than 5 minutes on the spot, and saved me alot of sanding.