Introduction: Drop-Down Out Feed Table
In this instructional video I show you how to make a simple drop down out feed table for your table saw.
Step 1: Making the Table Top Frame
The table top for this out-feed table sits inside of a timber frame that hides the edges of the laminate and gives us an easier way of mounting it to the saw.
- Cut a rebate in 4x frame pieces to house the MDF top
- Cut 45 degree miters on all frame pieces
- Glue and nail the frame together
Step 2: Mounting the Top
The table top is mounted directly to the table saws cast iron top.
To make this easier I bolted a piece of timber to the cast iron top before trying to attach the hinges.
- Bolt timber onto cast iron table top so its top edge sits just bellow the top of the cast iron.
- Install basic door hinges onto underside of timber mounted in step 1
- Mount the table top frame onto hinges installed in step 3 (shims may be needed)
Step 3: Adding the Top.
Once the frame is mounted to the saw we can cut a panel to fit inside of the frame.
once it is fitting inside of the frame easily secure it with pocket holes from below.
Step 4: The Legs and Finish
The legs on this table are also hinged to allow the table to easily collapse.
Here you can see i used long strap hinges to connect the legs to the top frame.
With the legs mounted its just a cast of kicking the legs backwards and dropping the top.
Step 5: Done
And thats how you make a really simple drop down out feed table