Introduction: EF 151 Instructable Submission
Here are some simple steps you can use to create your Instructable for your EF 151 Final Project.
Step 1: Brainstorm the Steps to Use Your Device
Before you and your team begin the creation of your Instructable, you should first spend some time brainstorming all the steps necessary to use the device that you have designed. Try the following activities to help you with this process:
- Have a silent brainstorming session where each team member attempts to write the steps to use the device. After everyone has completed their list, compare the lists and combine.
- Have one team member use the device while others write down the steps they observe. Each team member should take a turn using the device. Compare all the steps everyone wrote down and combine.
- Have a non-team member use the device while others write down the steps they observe. Discuss and combine the lists.
- Have a non-team member use the device with only the written instructions you have developed. Get feedback from this person as to how the instructions could be written more clearly or the addition of missing steps.
- Ask the non-team member what pictures would be helpful additions to the written instructions.
- Take pictures of a team member completing each step.
Once you have completed this process, you are ready to create your Instructable.
Step 2: Website
Step 3: Create Account
Create an instructables account using your UTK email address (vols.utk.edu)
Step 4: Begin Instructable
Click on the button "Write an Instructable" to begin creating your instructable.
Step 5: Add Steps
Click the Add Button to add each step in the usage process.
Step 6: Add Pictures
Add appropriate pictures to necessary steps in the usage process.
Step 7: Printing Instructions
Don't forget to include instructions on how to print and assemble your device. You should not assume your client knows how to print and assemble what you have designed.
Step 8: Publish and Attach
Once complete, you should click the Orange Publish Button. Then copy and paste the URL of your completed Instructable and include in the Dropbox on the EF website.