Introduction: Easy Cheese Ball
In this Instructable, I will show you how to make a cheese ball. This easy homemade cheese ball recipe is so yummy and all you need are just a handful of ingredients. Also, it is easy to switch out the cheeses for a different kind of cheese if you like. Start with this basic cheese ball recipe and build on it to suit your tastes. I love cheese and crackers and this is one of my favorites! If I can do it, you can do it. Let's get started!
Don't forget to follow me and check out my other Instructables!
Follow the super easy steps below or watch the video tutorial or do both! :)
- 8oz softened cream cheese (226g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, mild, medium, or sharp (83g)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese (83g)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (26g) (optional)
- 1 tbsp unsalted or salted butter (14g) (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (1g)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (2g)
- Other optional spices include paprika, seasoning salt, ranch powder
- 1 cup of chopped pecans, almond slices, pistachios, or a combination of them all. (125g)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (55g) (optional)
- Cutting board
- Plastic wrap
- Gloves, (optional)
Step 1: Blend Those Ingredients!
Place all of the ingredients except for the nuts in a food processor or use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. You can use a hand mixer, it just doesn't work as well as the other two options.
Mix until well combined.
Step 2: Shape and Chill
Now scoop all of the cheese ball mixture out of the bowl and place it on a clean counter or a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Using very clean hands or gloves, shape the mixture into a ball. Pack it pretty well. Then wrap it with plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
You can also just roll it right now in the nuts, but it works a little better when the ball is chilled.
Step 3: Roll It!
Take the cheese ball out of the fridge. It is ready to go as is, or it can be rolled in chopped nuts. Lay out chopped pecans, walnuts, almond slices, pistachios, etc. Then roll the cheese ball in the nuts. Use clean hands again or gloves.
You can also pick up the nuts and pack it around the ball. You can be firm with this to make sure the nuts stick.
Step 4: Serve It!
Now add the cheese ball to a plate and surround it with crackers and serve it! Wrap any leftovers back up in plastic and store it in the fridge. I told you it was easy! Enjoy :)
Print the recipe here if you like.
Step 5: Video Tutorial
Now watch those steps in action with this video tutorial. :)