Introduction: Easy Mason Jar Cloth-Top Coin Bank
This Fancy Cloth-Top Coin Bank is a great way to keep all of your spare change in one place.
This helps by not having to search through your kitchen or bedroom drawers for coins.
These banks can also help prevent the young ones (or pets) from finding loose coins and possibly swallowing them.
These are also great to help younger people to start saving money.
These banks can be made with any fancy, or just plain colored or even white cloth that you may already have.
Or you can buy material of your choice at many fabric supply or second hand stores.
Here are a few sources of fancy cloth materials:
For one bank you will need:
One - 6 inch by 6 inch square of cloth.
One - Mason Jar of any size that you may want to use.
These jars come in many sizes including quart, pint, half pint and a cute little quarter pint.
One - Ring or band to fit your jar.
Two - Feet of fancy ribbon of your liking for the final touch of "Bling".
Scissors - You can use pinking shears for an added "splash" but regular scissors will do a fine job .
Small 1/4 inch diameter magnet
Step 1: How to "Make the Bank"
- Measure your band/ring and cut your ribbon to go around the ring plus 1/2 inch extra.
- Using your super glue, carefully glue this piece of ribbon all around your mason jar ring.
- Put this ring/ribbon assembly aside for a minute to allow the glue to set up a little.
- Measure another piece of ribbon to about 8 or 9 inches and fold to make the ribbon loop.
- Glue the 8 or 9 inch long piece of ribbon at the point where the loop crosses itself.
- Place a small amount of glue at the point where the ribbon ends meet on your ring.
- Place the ribbon loop cross on this point and use the 1/4 inch magnet to hold it while the glue sets up.
- Now measure and cut the 6 inch by 6 inch cloth into a 6 inch circle. (use pinking or regular scissors)
- Cut a 1.5 inch "coin slot" in the center of the cloth.
- Put a little glue on each end of the "coin slot" to hold the fabric together at those locations.
- Make sure your glue has set up on all parts.
- Place the cloth on the jar threads and carefully screw on the ring ribbon assembly.
- Put in your spare change.
- Place the Fancy Cloth-Top Coin Bank in any convenient location.
- Enjoy your Fancy Bank Savings whenever it collects enough for your next celebration.
Participated in the
Mason Jar Speed Challenge