Introduction: Environment Sound Manager
This is my first project, and I hope you like it.
My idea was to make something which could catch the noise/sound where it is and show to the user as a color variation.
Why? There is some people which have pets or even just wondering about the noise inside their place while they were out. So, to help these people, I thought a way to get this information and warn them by changing the color when their environment is too noise or not.
How it works:
As I said, it catches the noise (every millisecond) and take averages for an hour, after that it changes the color to show to the user how was the noise during the past hour. The user also can spin the top part and see on the OLED display how was the volume on the specific time (which will be determined by the user).
As you see, as the first protytipe it doesn't looks good, but I actually made another design which I didn't build because of costs. So, I decided to make just a box with a disc in a dodecagon format (representing 12 hours).
I have used acrylic as the material of the prototype.
The circuit is composed by:
- Arduino Uno + Shield
Monochrome 0.96" 128x64 OLED graphic display (Ada fruit)
Friendly RGB Smart NeoPixel - Pack of 4 (Ada fruit)
Rotary Encoder (It came with a Sunfounder kit that I bought once)
Mini Sound Sensor (Amazon)
Wires (Tons of it =/)
Ps.: I got the OLED display on the day of the presentation with a trinket that I bought (I was trying to make a smaller prototype) and because of that it's not included on my code neither on the circuit.
Ps2.: As you can see on the video, I had a problem with the first code because it didn't change the color after a hour, but I tried once after and it worked (couldn't make the second video, sorry).
Arduino <-> Neo pixel
3.3V <-> VCC(+)
GND <-> GND
Digital 6 <-> Input
Arduino <-> Rotary Encoder
GND <-> GND
5V <-> VCC(+)
Digital 2 <-> CLK
Digital 3 <-> DT
Digital 4 <-> SW
Arduino <-> Sound Sensor
GND <-> GND
5V <-> VCC
Analog A1 <-> OUT
On the top /\
To try it I had to reduce the timing for seconds, so I didn't have opportunity to see if it is working after hours, but the results that I got with seconds were exactly what I expected.
*I've added the first prototype model. I was about to use an adafruit trinket for this one and print it on a 3d printed, but costs.