Introduction: Facebook Like Monitor
It’s funny that I had made many monitors
recently, for different situation. If you are interested about those instructables, put hand on the below link.
Here share my new monitor, a Facebook monitor.
It really feel good when you get a like from Facebook, this monitor will blink and vibrate when you got a new like. And there’s a 320x240 LCD Display to show you how many likes you ever got.
This instructable is not very complex, but may a little hard for the newbie. If you had ever use Arduino or others board like that, It may cost you 3-5 hours to make one.
Step 1: The Video
I had made a simple video, view to get more details.
Step 2: What Do You Need
Step 3: Cut the Wooden Board
We will make a beautiful and retro box to
hold the modules. Download 2D file, and use a laser cutter to make your wooden board into 6 pieces.
I guess you haven’t a laser cutter at home, never mind, maybe the maker-space near form you will has one.
Step 4: Building a Box and Paint Something on It
After the previous step, we got 6 piece of board.
We are going to make them into a retro box. We need the glue gun here.
To make it more nice looking, you can do some painting as well.
Step 5: Fitting the Electronic Modules
It's lucky that there're only a few electronic modules.
- Fitting TFT Touch Shield to the top of box, there's a square hole, you will not miss it. And you will need a glue gun here.
- Fitting Leds and Grove - Vibration to back of box. You need glue gun or 3M glue as well.
- Fitting a DC Input Connector, location as shown at the about image.
- Solder 2 wires, to connect DC Jack and breakout board. VCC connect to 5V of breakout board, GND to GND
- Leds connect to D9 while Grove - Vibration connect to D8
- Plug LinkIt Smart 7688Duo into the Breakout board, and then plug Breakout board into TFT Touch Shield
Step 6: Software Works
Step 7: How Does It Work
You get a Facebook like monitor now, you can go to your Facebook website and like, see what will happen.