Introduction: Fix Wooden Garage Door Gaps Due to Uneven Floor
- Fast, easy fix if you your garage floor is uneven
- No measuring, drawing lines or following cut lines
- Wooden hinged-panel garage doors only
- Remove the weatherstrip from the bottom of the door and remove any handles or hardware that will get in the way of the saw.
- Close the garage door and find the biggest gap.
- Use the emergency release cord to free the garage door.
- Place a circular saw on the garage floor as shown at the biggest gap.
- Adjust the garage door height until the blade will barely clear the biggest gap.
- Block the very outside edges of the garage door so it will not move while you are cutting.
- Place weights or have an assistant hold the garage door down.
- Saw the length of the garage door dragging the saw along the floor, the saw will copy the contour of the floor to the garage door.
- If the edges where the saw can't reach need cutting use a plunge saw. I like this one for $20 from Harbor Frieght: CHICAGO ELECTRIC Oscillating Multi-Tool. Use their bi-metal blades, they are great.
- Replace/put on a new weatherstrip
- If the door now has a gap along the entire length follow the instructions for your system to adjust the stop point.
Note: My pictures were taken after I had replaced the weatherstrip
PS: Here's a really good video on how to install a new weatherstrip