Introduction: Fleece Scarf
This is a very simple 5 to 10 minute sewing project that will keep your loved ones neck and face warm and toasty this cold season.
Step 1: Fabric
1. I used scrap fabric from bathrobes I had made my daughter's a few months ago.
2. I folded my fabric in half to measure and cut to fit my daughter's neck/face area.
3. I measured 30" x 14" (I did a half inch seam) I ended up cutting it to fit better on my daughter's, but the measurements would have been good for an adult.
4. Next, I'm ready to sew.
Step 2: Sewing Fleece Neck Warmer
1. Lay fabrics so good sides are faceing eachother.
2. I pinned the bottom in a few spots to keep my fabric from moving.
3. I use a dark thred to sew the bottom and the top of the long rectangle.
** You can fold your fabric where you'd only have one seam. I used scrap fabric and had to make it work. ;)
4. I sewed each end shut with a simple straight stitch.
5. Then, sewed the two end pieces together.
6. Cut any extra hanging strings.
Step 3: Finishing Touches
1. Turn neck warmer to the right side (seam inside)
2. Now your loved one will be warm while playing outside.
3. I ended up making 3 neck warmers with the left over fabrics.
I have also made it reversible before....just use two different fabrics instead of the same one.
Participated in the
Sew Warm Contest