Introduction: Ghost Poop
It was a dark and stormy Halloween night. The house was creaking and the chandeliers gently swayed in the draft. An unworldly sensation brushed past my arm as I heard a haunted chuckle. I turned to see where the sound might have come from and spotted a small, eerily glowing mass in the shadows. I turned my flashlight on it to discover several small mounds that could only reveal the recent passing of a ghost. Just to be sure, I popped one in my mouth. It was delicious. The ghost had eaten well that day.
Discover the magical powers of ghost poop! Serve your own delicious mounds of ghost poop at your next Halloween party and dare your guests to stop at just one!
- 1 envelope (2-3/4 tsp) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Candy Thermometer
- Piping Bag or plastic bag
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone sheet or parchment paper
Scoochmaroo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water to soften.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, dissolve granulated sugar in 1/4 cup water, stirring.
- Brush inside edges of pan with water to remove sugar crystals and boil until the temperature reaches the soft-ball stage (238 degrees F) on a candy thermometer - do not stir, or you will create large sugar crystals.
- Slowly drizzle mixture in to bowl of gelatin and whisk on medium speed for 3 min.
- Increase speed to high and whisk until soft peaks form, 8 to 10 min.
Transfer ghost poop goo to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or a plastic baggie and snip off the end.
Pipe into mounds on silicone sheet or parchment.
If left out, poop will become crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
If kept in a sealed container, ghost poop will remain soft and gooey throughout.
How do you prefer your poop?
Participated in the
Halloween Food Contest