Introduction: The Anywhere Cup Holder That Glows in the Dark
The glow in the dark cup holder will change the way you drink anything in the dark. All it is, is a 3 piece unique invention that will adjust to any counter top or table top, making it easy to transport and put it anywhere you like.
Step 1: Materials List
- Wood (any kind would be fine depending on your preference)
- Band Saw
- Sand Paper (optional)
- Command Strips (to put over the adjuster and to put on the wood so it does not damage anything you put it on)
- Hot glue gun
- Drink koozie
Step 2: Step 1: Drafting
- The first thing you need to do is draw out and dimension the first two parts. The first part is just a simple piece that looks like the letter U with a tail at the bottom.
- All the measurements are in inches.
Step 3: Step 2: Drafting
- The next step is to draw out the second piece. It looks like the letter C.
Step 4: Step 3: Drawing and Cutting
- You need to draw out the shapes with the correct dimensions on a piece of wood.
- After that you can get out the band saw and get to cutting on it.
Step 5: Step 4: Cutting Each Peice
- Start cutting each piece that you drew out on the wood.
- Cut out the first piece that looks like the letter U
- Then cut out the piece that looks like the letter C.
- When your cutting the letter U, you need to cut a circle out of the piece so that the drink can sit there.
- Draw out the circle before you cut it.
- The reason why I draw and cut it after is because you can choose to either use a koozie or a lawn chair cup holder to put in the place to hold the drink. I did that so that I knew how big I wanted the circle to be.
Step 6: Step 5: Nailing the Two Pieces Together
- The types of nails I used was (look at first two images)
- After you get the nails, you need to nail the first to pieces together.
- You can see where I nailed the last image. Its near the middle of the C piece.
Step 7: Step 6: Drilling the Wholes for the Adjuster
- The drill bit sizes that you will need are
- Drill the first hole with the drill bit size at (see first photo)
- Drill the second hole with the drill bit size at (see second photo)
- You need to find the right drill bit sizes for the piece that goes through.
Step 8: Step 7: Painting
- The paint I used to paint it with I bought at Lowes.
- When you start painting it you need to do it in coats.
- Spray it a little at a time so It doesn't just get blobs of paint everywhere.
- After you paint it and everything, you need to let it dry maybe over night or for a few hours, depending on how bright you want the cup holder to glow. The more paint you put on there, the brighter it will glow.
Step 9: Step 8: Hot Glue the Koozie
- Hot clue the koozie to the U piece
Step 10: Video
Participated in the
Make It Glow! Contest