Introduction: Halloween Decoration - Mummy - Project Geek #6
A very easy last minute project that you can finish in less than 2 hours.
Step 1: Materials
- Cotton bandage from local pharmacy
- Old newspapers
- Metal Wire
- Coffee powder
- Tissue papers
- Glue, Tape, Scissors and Pliers to cut the wire
Step 2: Procedure
- Soak the cotton bandage in coffee powder and water to give the bandage an old look.
- Bend the wire into a rough human skeleton shape. This wire will help retain the shape of mummy
- Take old newspapers and wrap it around the metal skeleton.
- Use lots of tape to hold the newspapers in place
- Since the cotton bandage i have used was too transparent, i have wrapped the paper model with white tissue papers
- You do not have to worry if its messy, because you will wrap it with bandage anyways
- Now wrap the cotton bandage around the paper model. Let some of the loose ends hang, it give it an even more better look.
What I Learnt
- Although cotton bandage was very cheap since it was too thin it did not give me the look i wanted. Either i would go for cotton bandage that is thick or would simple go with thin strips of white cloth in the future
- I did not measure the body measurements correctly because of which the middle torso region was longer than normal. I would suggest you to make the metal skeleton by carefully measuring the body ratios.
Participated in the
Halloween Decor Contest 2015