Introduction: Halloween Paper Gingerbread House
Learn how to create this Halloween themed gingerbread house out of paper! Put an LED tealight in it, and it makes a great luminary!
If you'd like to see this in video form, please click the video above.
Supplies I used (and where I got them):
- Patterns for the house, which are here
- Kraft paper & scrapbook paper (Michael's)
- Xacto knife or scissors with a sharp point
- Hot glue gun
- 3D paint in white, orange & purple (Michael's)
- Black rhinestones (Michael's)
- Glitter spider (Michael's)
- Glitter ribbon (Michael's)
- 24 gauge wire
Step 1: "Build" the House
1. Print and cut out the patterns.
2. Cut out the window panes and door. Save the door pattern for later.
3. Score all of the fold lines, then fold them.
4. Trace all of the patterns onto Kraft paper. Be sure to trace the inside of the windows and doors.
7. Then score along all fold lines and tabs. Also score one side of the door. Then cut out all of the pieces, and fold on the fold lines.
5. Cut out the window panes and along the top and one side of the door (the one that isn't scored). Fold the door on the scored line.
6. Then just put the house together by putting hot glue on all of the tabs.
Step 2: Decorate the House
1. Use 3D paint to draw a pattern onto the roof. If you'd like, you can use a toothpick to smooth it out.
2. Next, I used orange, purple and black 3D paint and some black rhinestones to decorate the roof.
3. I drew a candy corn shape onto some paper, then cut it out and traced it a bunch of times to create "candy corn". Then I colored them in with colored pencils and glued them to the bottom edge of the house.
4. I created a "piece of candy" using a circle I cut out and 3D paint, and glued it above the door.
5. Then I used the purple and orange 3D paint to draw details all over the house.
6. I traced the door pattern from earlier onto some scrapbook paper that looks like wood, then cut this out and glued it to the door of the house.
7. I used black 3D paint to draw details onto the door.
8. I cut short lengths of glitter ribbon in purple and orange and glued these above and below the windows and around the door.
Step 3: Add the Finishing Touches
1. I folded a small piece of black paper in half and drew half of a bat on it, then cut it out.
2. Repeated this three times to create three bats.
3. I cut three pieces of 24 gauge wire and hot glued one to the back of each bat.
4. Attached each wire to the roof of the house.
5. I glued a purple glittery spider onto the roof.
6. I cut pieces of wax paper that were a bit larger than the windows, and glued them to the inside of the house, behind the windows.
7. I cut a ghost shape out of white paper, drew a face on it, bent the bottom corner of it back and glued this to the inside of the door to look like it is peeking out of the house.
Step 4: That's It!
Put a LED tealight or two inside the house, and that's it! You're done!
Thanks for viewing this Instructable and Happy Halloween!
Participated in the
Halloween Decor Contest 2016