Introduction: Healthy Vegan Tacos With Salsa Verde
Recently I made delicious healthy vegan Tacos with Salsa Verde. It´s a recipe from my blog. I really love the Mexican cuisine! You can also put this filling in a Burrito or Enchilada. It´s a great combo. Actually, it´s the first time that my self-made Mexican food is completely vegan. You can easily replace cheese and Sour cream with vegan options. But I didn´t use them in this recipe. I personally think you don´t need it because this Salsa Verde tastes heavenly and it´s definitely enough with the spicy filling. For the filling, I´ve used tofu as a minced meat replacement. You just have to crumble it with a fork. It´s so easy to make and I highly recommend it! You can also use a ready-made minced meat replacement from the supermarket.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 5 Tomatillos
- 1 – 2 Green Jalapenos
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 block Tofu
- 1 can Black Beans (process into puree and season it well)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Red Jalapenos
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 – 5 tbsp Chipotle
- 1 tsp Spices like Thyme, Salt, Pepper and Cumin
Step 2: Making the Salsa Verde
- Remove stems from tomatillos and cut them into halves. Peel onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Roast Jalapenos, 2 garlic cloves, and onion for about 10 minutes => This step is also for the filling (I only mentioned the ingredients for the Salsa Verde here).
- Grind some sea salt with 1 garlic clove and some of the jalapeno together in a mortar.
- Now put all the ingredients in the food processor, add some salt and coriander. Mix it all together.
Step 3: Making the Filling
- Peel onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Roast Jalapenos, 2 garlic cloves, tomato, and onion for about 10 minutes. => This step is also for the Salsa Verde (I only mentioned the ingredients for the Filling here).
- Cut onions, jalapenos and garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Now put olive oil in the pan again, fry tofu for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes, let it simmer a little and add the bean puree, season well. Fry once more and your filling is ready.
Participated in the