Introduction: Homemade Gummy Sweets
Whether you call then tuffies, candy, sweeties or spice everyone loves a good gummy sweet and here’s how to make your own homemade sweets.
We have included a making sweets recipe as well as a step-by-step video to show the whole process.
For this recipe we have used a selection of silicone moulds, but I have also included a method to make the sweets without the moulds to create a triple-decker sweet!
Although we are using these moulds for making sweets, they are great for homemade chocolate treats too! We have a great guide on how to temper chocolate for all of you budding chocolatiers.
- 4 Dried Gelatine leaves
- 1 packet of powdered flavoured jelly (sugar free can also be used)
- Granulated sugar (Optional)
- Citric Acid (Optional)
- Soak your gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Whilst your gelatine is soaking mix your flavoured jelly with cold water.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatine leaves and slowly heat the gelatine in a pan until dissolved on a low heat.
- Once the gelatine is dissolved, add the flavoured jelly mixture to the pan and heat slowly. Take the mixture off the heat once all of the gelatine crystals have dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a jug and pour into your selected mould.
- Leave the jelly for a few hours until set, and then remove the sweets from your mould.
The following steps are optional
- If you prefer your sweets sugared then roll the sweets into granulated sugar. If you’re a crazy sour head then mix granulated sugar with citric acid to get an ultimate sour kick!
- Repeat the steps above if you want to do a mixture of flavours.
Step 1: Full Video Here: