Introduction: Homemade Height and Distance Adjustable Helping Hands + Other Features.
Hi, this is a very cheap Helping Hand made from junk particles of house. It would hardly cost $1.5 to make this. In this helping hand you can adjust the height and distance between 2 hands. A box is also present to keep items such as L.E.D., motor, resistor,etc. A stand is also present for keeping the soldering iron. A free space is provided to carry out the work.
Step 1: Materials Required.
- Graph Paper
- Roller Skates Wrench
- Super Glue
- Plywood Piece
- Designer Cello tape
- Paper Knife
- Soap Cover
- Alligator Clips
- Epoxy Glue
- Metal Pieces
- Ball Bearing
Step 2: Designing the Plywood.
- Cut out the graph papers from their outline.
- apply normal glue and paste it on the plywood.
- Using the designer cello tape put the border.
Step 3: Making the Helping Hands.
- Take the pen knife and remove it`s bottom part.
- Now remove the handle if there is any.
- Don`t throw them away.
- Mix the epoxy glue thoroughly.
- Place a small amount of it inside the ball bearing.
- Place the bottom part of the pen knife inside.
- Properly fix the pen knife and leave it dry.
- In the movable helping hand joint the bottom part of pen knife that you have removed and the handle of pen as shown in the photo by Superglue.
- Eject little part of blade from top.
- With help of epoxy glue fix them properly.
Step 4: Assembling the Parts.
- Attach the fixed helping hand to board by epoxy glue.
- Place the movable one in front of the other and from 2 sides draw to straight lines.
- On the straight line join the 2 metal strips by epoxy glue.
- Behind the 2 metal strips join the roller skate wrench by epoxy glue.
- At one corner join the the soap cover.
- Allow it to dry completely and then it is ready.
- You can also add a nail near it to keep the soldering wire.
Participated in the
Homemade Gifts Contest 2015