Introduction: Homemade Veggie Burger With Country Potatoes
Hi everyone !!!
We decide to do homemade Burgers and country potatoes with homemade buns and homemade veggie steacks. The sauce in the recipe is also homemade but you can use your favorite sauce if you want ;-)
Here is what you need for 4 persons:
For the Buns (4 Buns)
- 340g of flour
- 1 tbsp of baker's yeast
- 7cl of warm water
- 10cl of warm milk
- 1 egg
For the Potatoes
- 4 potatoes (~800g)
- salt, pepper, paprika and curcuma
- olive oil
For the Steacks (4 steacks)
- red beans (~250g)
- 1 red oignons
- 15g of flour
- salt and pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 egg
- thick cream
- Buns: 1~2 hour
- Potatoes: 1 hour
- Veggie steacks: 0.5 hour
Step 1: Make the Buns
First create the dough
- add the baker's yeast to the warm water and stir
- put the egg and the salt in the flour and mix it by hand
- then add the water with the baker's yeast into the previous mixture
- add the warm milk
- mix everything together until you form a dough
- add the butter(little by little) to the dough and mix it by hand (again)
From this point you did the complicated part and you can be proud of you (Yeahhhh!)
- let the dough rest in a warm place between half an hour and an hour
- fight the dough (to take the air out of it)
- cut the dough in 4 and let it rest in a warm place between half an hour and an hour (again)
Pro tips: because we don't always have a warm place at home depending on the saison, you can preheat your oven for ten minutes at the minimum temperature and that will do the job ;-)
Step 2: Make the Potatoes
Cut the potatoes as shown in the picture and mix it in a large bowl with the oil and the spices.
You can use whatever spices you want.
Put in the oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.
Step 3: Make the Veggie Steaks
- Gather the flour, the red oignons and the red beans (without the water in the can)
- Cut the red onion in dice
- Mix everything together with your hand (like we did) or with a blender
- Season the mixture
- Make 4 steacks
- Put them in an oven at 180°C for 8 minutes
- Cook them in a pan when you are ready to create the burgers
Step 4: Prepare the Sauce
Cut the chive in tiny bit and mix it with the thick cream and the egg's yolk
Add spices if you dare !
Step 5: Assemble the Burgers
Once the buns are puffy, cut them in half and had whatever you want in it (letuce, tomatoes, sauce, veggie steacks, cheese...).
And you are done !!!
Pro tips: to have the burger even better, just put the buns with sauce and cheese in the oven in order to melt the cheese.
Step 6: Feedback
Don't hesitate to had more spices to the potatoes and for the steacks.
You may have liked or disliked the recipes for different reasons, in both cases, you have a nice starting recipes you can improve in order to have homemade buns and veggie steacks ;-)
Sorry for the weird english (we are french...). We hope you enjoyed the recipes and please do not hesitate to give us a feedback ;-)
Participated in the
Copycat Recipe Speed Challenge
3 years ago
Thank you for sharing : )