Introduction: Hot Glue Cosplay Snow Queen Crown
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Refills
- Wax Paper
- Measuring Tape (optional)
- Bobby Pin (optional)
Step 1: Measure Head
You will need to measure your head to determine how big you need to make the crown.
I used a bobby pin and stood infant of the mirror with a measuring tape to determine the size of my crown. This step could also be done with a strip of paper if you do not have a measuring tape.
Step 2: Measure Template and Create Template Design
- Use the measurement of your head to create a paper template.
- Fold paper template in half if you wish for your design to be symmetrical.
- Draw Design.
- Cut out Design.
Step 3: Set Up Design for Hot Glue
- Unfold the paper template and tape to table
- Cover template with wax paper and tape wax paper to table.
- Plug in hot glue gun
Step 4: Hot Glue Design
Now for the fun part,
- Use the hot glue to trace the outline of your template.
- Fill in the template with hot glue.
- Let dry
- Remove hot glue crown from wax paper.*
- Once removed from wax paper test the dimensions on your own head.
- Trim to size if needed and glue back of crown together.
Tip: to get a interesting texture, I drew triangles with the hot glue for the sides of the crown. Play around with different designs with the hot glue and you may get something interesting.
* it might take some work to remove all of the wax paper from the crown. I didn't remove all of it because I liked the extra stability and icey look it gave to the crown.
Step 5: You Are Now a Snow Queen!
Your crow is complete! Throw it on and start building ice castles!
Post your own photos below! I would look to get inspired by your own creations!