Introduction: How to Make Soft Prezels
Since we have a lot of time on our hands lately.
We decided to make soft pretzels from scratch.
It's one of our favorite treats and fun for the kids to make!
***We doubled the recipe and it made 10 soft prezels.
*double ingredients to make 10 soft prezels
Ingredients (small batch)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp Baking soda
1.5 cup water
475 degrees for 10 minutes
Step 1: Mix
1. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast into a mixture using a hook.
2. Slowly add the water as it mixes.
3. Remove from the dough mixture.
Step 2: Let Dough Rise
1. Put dough in a bowl, cover with a towel.
2. Set time for 30 minutes
Step 3: Twist
1. Transfer dough into a floured working surface.
2. Divide into 8 equal pieces.
3. Roll each piece of dough into a thin log. (12 inches)
4. Twist each log into a pretzel.
Step 4: Brush With Baking Soda and Water
1. Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1.5 cup hot water
2. Use a brush to apply the baking soda mixture.
3. Add salt
Step 5: Bake
1. Preheat oven 475 degrees.
2. Place prezels on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 9-10 minutes until golden brown. You can also brush them with butter.
4. Enjoy with mustard or cheese!