Introduction: How to Make a Front Bicycle Rack
Ride your bike to work // Ride your bike to look cool // Ride your bike to make shopping !
In any case, you need a vintage FRONT BICYCLE RACK for your beautiful vintage bicycle !
Now it's possible to show yours organic tomatoes and ride your bicycle with style !
Tools Used :
- inverter stick welder
- drilling machine
- angle grinder
- hand tools
Materials Used :
- square steel tubes 12 * 12 * 1,6 mm
- round steel bars ∅6 mm
- rectangular steel bars 3 * 20 mm
- rectangular aluminum bars 3 * 20 mm
- stainless steel bolts M6 * 30 mm
- stainless steel bolts M6 * 50/60 mm
- stainless steel sticks ∅1,6 mm
Step 1: Metal Cutting Time
This section requires patience to cut good metal pieces !
Step 2: Assembly of Metal Pieces
In all cases, tack welding must be required to join together metal pieces.
Step 3: Welding Time
For fine steel thickness, I advise you to weld with stainless steel sticks. This technique allows assembling two parts of fine steel thickness without passing through steel pieces.
- welding intensity = 30 - 35 A
Step 4: Rack Assembly and Installation
- - Make holes in the aluminum bars and fix them with bolts. You need to take some measures of your handlebars to adjust the length of the aluminum bars.
- - Fold the aluminum bars around the handlebars and fix it with two bolts.
- - Fix the support arms between the rack and the front wheel. Adjust the size of the arms to fit with the size of your front wheel.
Step 5: Bike Riding and Shopping !
Now, it's the ideal time to ride your bike. Go Shopping ! Go Working ! Go Travelling !
Participated in the
First Time Author Contest