Introduction: How to Use DHT12 I2C Humidity and Temperature Sensor With Arduino
In this tutorial we will learn how to use DHT12 I2C Humidity and Temperature Sensor with Arduino and display the values on the OLED Display.
Watch the video!
Step 1: My Other Projects
Please take a moment to check out my other Cool Projects here https://www.instructables.com/member/RonFrtek/instructables/
Step 2: What You Will Need
- Arduino Uno or any other Arduino board
- Jumper wires
- OLED Display
- Visuino software: Download here
Step 3: The Circuit
- Connect DHT12 positive pin + (VCC) to Arduino pin +5V
- Connect DHT12 negative pin - (GND) to Arduino pin GND
- Connect DHT12 pin (SCL) to Arduino pin (SCL)
- Connect DHT12 pin (SDA) to Arduino pin (SDA)
- Connect OLED Display pin[VCC] to Arduino pin[5V]
- Connect OLED Display pin[GND] to Arduino pin[GND]
- Connect OLED Display pin[SDA] to Arduino pin[SDA]
- Connect OLED Display pin[SCL] to Arduino pin[SCL]
Step 4: Start Visuino, and Select the Arduino UNO Board Type
The Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu also needs to be installed. Download Free version or register for a Free Trial.
Start Visuino as shown in the first picture Click on the "Tools" button on the Arduino component (Picture 1) in Visuino When the dialog appears, select "Arduino UNO" as shown on Picture 2
Step 5: In Visuino Add,Set & Connect Components
- Add "DHT12" component
- Add "OLED" display component
- Double click on the "DisplayOLED1"
- In the elements window drag "Text Field" to the left side
- In the properties window set size to 2
- In the elements window drag another "Text Field" to the left side
- In the properties window set size to 2 and Y to 20
- Close the Elements window
- Connect "HumidityThermometer1" pin Temperature to "DisplayOLED1" > "Text Field1"
- Connect "HumidityThermometer1" pin Humidity to "DisplayOLED1" > "Text Field2"
- Connect "HumidityThermometer1" pin Sensor I2C to Arduino board pin I2C In
- Connect "DisplayOLED1" pin I2C Out to Arduino board pin I2C In
Step 6: Generate, Compile, and Upload the Arduino Code
In Visuino, at the bottom click on the "Build" Tab, make sure the correct port is selected, then click on the "Compile/Build and Upload" button.
Step 7: Play
If you power the Arduino UNO module, the OLED Display will start to show the temperature and humidity values.
Congratulations! You have completed your project with Visuino. Also attached is the Visuino project, that I created for this Instructable, you can download it and open it in Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu