Introduction: How to Make Cute Fondant Covered Cupcakes!
These cupcakes are Perfect for Weddings, Sweet 16's, Birthdays, Showers and can be gifted to someone special! :)
Things you will need:
Cupcakes (Of course :) )
Large round piping tip
Red Color (I used Wilton No-taste Red)
Flower Former Foam
Water for gluing the fondant pieces
Smooth Working Surface
Shortening for greasing your hands
Trays, Flower Former for drying flowers etc
- The fondant that is used EXCLUDING in covering of cupcakes, has been mixed with gumpaste 3:1 (3 part fondant and 1 part gumpaste), you can use Gum-tex or Tylose instead of gumpaste.
- After mixing colors in fondant, leave it to rest overnight or for 24 hours.
- Use cornflour for dusting your work area and also for dipping your cutters before using them.
- Freeze cupcakes for about an hour after icing.
- When drying the fondant pieces, keep them on cornflour dusted plates or trays.
- When making roses, let the bud dry completely before covering with petals. And then let each ring of petals dry after pasting to bud. Otherwise the rose will fall apart.
- Roll fondant 1/16 inch thick for covering the cupcakes and 1/8 inch thick for everything else.
Participated in the