Introduction: How to Make Lentil Soup for Dummies Using a Microwave Oven
Be amazed at how easy it is to make a bowl of yummy Red Lentil soup!
Anybody can make this wonderful Red Lentil soup in just minutes.
The 5 SECRETS of this recipe are that Red Lentils...
- Taste SO YUMMY, you only need 1 ingredient. (Yes you read that right.)
- Are so tiny that so they cook very quickly. (Why didn't I think of that years ago?)
- Can be cooked in just a bowl of water in a microwave oven in just 16 minutes.
- Can be cooked perfectly WITH NO STIRRING. (You better read that again.)
(The reason is because a microwave oven heats liquids from all directions uniformly.)
- Can be cooked unattended. Just set the microwave timer and your soup will be done on time.
(The secret is you are putting in a set amount of water + lentils, and cooking a set amount of time, at a set heat level. Only a microwave oven can do that. Also, use a tall bowl so the water won't boil over.)
Here's how you can make yourself a yummy bowl of Red Lentil soup in a flash using the secrets above:
- Take 1/3 cup of Red Lentils. (I like Goya, they are very inexpensive. Look in the ethnic food dept.)
- Rinse them in a fine strainer set in a bowl of water 3 times . (I like to stir them while rinsing. SOAKING 10 MINUTES ONE TIME IS OPTIONAL.)
- Put the rinsed lentils in a tall 1 microwaveable bowl. (I like Corelle 28 ounce bowls.)
- Add 1 1/4 cups of Water. (or 300 ML.)
- Set your microwave in advance to go 5 minutes at high (to get it boiling), then followed by 11 minutes at a power lower level that won't boil over. (I use level 8. Your microwave might need a different setting. Check your microwave instructions for how to set a series of cook times and power levels.)
- Press start and walk away. When you return, your soup will be ready!
- If you want the soup smoother, you can use an immersion blender or just use a spoon to press the lentils against the side of the bowl.
This soup is very thick and hearty with lots of flavor all on its own thanks to the yummy lentils.