Introduction: Project : Red Dot
For this project "Red Dot" i made a MoSCoW list that contains all the functions that it :
and Won't have
the project is a basic lens with a laser pointer that points in the middle of the lens.
It also has a scope that can be fliped on and off behind the Red dot sight. (the scope is still optional)
Step 1: Design
- Scope Base :
- 17,0 x 5,0 x 0,3 base.
- 5,0 x 5,0 x 0,5 secundary base.
- At 7 cm ther is a lock mechanism with an opening for a wedge.
- 1,3 x 0,7 cm with an 0,9 x 0,3 gap.
- The glass holders sould be adapted to what kind of glass or plastic you put inbetween them.
- i used the following lengths :
- 0,7 x 0,6 x 4,0 cm. with an 0,3 x 0,4 cm gap.
- for extra stability and reinforcement i used extra blocks on the side.
- Logic Box :
- 17,0 x 5,0 x 2,8 cm box.
- The walls are 0,4 cm.
- The compartments are 5,0 x 4,2 cm.
- Extra Base :
- 11,0 x 4,8 x 0,3 cm basis.
- The wedge itself is 1,5 cm high with the point cutoff at 0,3 cm.
- The wedge base is 1,0 x 0,31 x 0,3 cm.
- At 7,25 cm on the side ther is an wedge that is ment to lock into the Scope Base lock mechanism.
Step 2: Cirquit
The cirquit is a LDF650-1-12 laser in series with two 1.5 V AA batteries.
This laser does not require a resistance in front of it.
Step 3: Building
- I used Autocat for the design of the project, and used CURA for the 3D printing
- I drilled a hole trough the Scope_base so the laser can go trough it
- i glued the laser to the bottom of the Scope_base at the same angle as the hole
- I drilled a hole in the logic box for the hinge screws (m3) and the on/off button
- I drilled a hole into the extra_base for the hinge screws (m3)
- I solderd the wires from the laser to the button and the battery pack
- i put the batteries and wires in the logic_box, mounted the hinge and closed it with the scope_base
- i melted te plastic from the logic_box and Scope_base to make it stick together
- i mounted te extra base to the hinge
- i put glass pannel were the lens holder is
The files i used for autocad can be re-format to .stl files to use them in CURA.
Step 4: The Product
The finished product :
This is the final prototype (I din"t have enough time to make beter versions)
Some improvement points :
- Modefie the design so the hinge fits the scope_base
- Traditional round scope can be added on top of the extra_base
- the laser can be placed on a difrend angle so it is more visable under other light sircumstances
- the glass pannel caan be made another collor so the dot is more visable