Introduction: Juicy BBQ Corn on the Cob
The juiciest, tastiest corn you will ever eat.
I have been cooking corn this way for 10 years, and never it has failed.
A perfect accompaniment to a BBQ meal.
The cobs are steamed in foil and butter. MMM!
Step 1: Ingredients
1 Corn Cob
1/2 tablespoon Butter/Margarine
One square of Aluminium Foil (or Aluminum, if you prefer!)
Buy the freshest, juiciest corn cobs you can find.
Step 2: Preparation
1. If the cobs have the 'silk' and 'husk' attached, remove.
2. Place square of Aluminium Foil on bench,
3. Place cob in centre of foil square,
4. Smear butter along length and breadth of cob,
5. Pick up cob and massage butter into corn (this can be quite therapeutic!),
6. Place back down onto foil,
7. Sprinkle salt and cracked pepper over cob,
8. Rotate cob until underside is uppermost,
9. Repeat seasoning step (7.),
10. Roll up cob in foil,
11. Close foil ends,
12. Lightly press foil onto cob to lock/seal.
13. Heat the BBQ to High/Med-High.
Step 3: Cooking
These cobs take approximately 20-25mins to cook, so consider timing of the rest of your BBQ meal before placing on grill.
1. After BBQ has been heating for 20mins, place cobs on grill,
2. Using long-handled tongs, spin the cobs every 5 mins, to evenly cook,
3. When cooked, after 20-25mins, remove safely (foil is very hot),
4. Place foil-wrapped cobs on a side plate. The cobs will stay hot whilst awaiting the rest of your BBQ meal to finish cooking.
Step 4: Serving
1. Unwrap the cobs carefully (HOT!) and leave on a side plate as you commence your meal.
2. Discard foil,
3. When cobs have cooled slightly and you are ready to taste the flavour, use hands or cob forks to pick up,
4. Enjoy (I almost guarantee it!).
Step 5: Extras
sweet chilli sauce,
or even some bacon
at the 'seasoning' step for some added flavour.
P.S.: Apologies if the photos aren't particularly sharp, but the reflective foil played havoc.